Fool's April MegaDive, April 1st-3rd 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CG- all tents, Ginnie springs rents all scuba gear. Wed love to have you join us. It's 6 hours from FLL. Look up sunpass, not sure where it ends but some tolls around Miami are no cash. I think they accept cash around FLL but it's something to check.

Yep. Get a sunpass as soon as you get in town. Or maybe you can order one from the website. www.sunpass.com. Worth it not to wait to pay the tolls. Then, take the Turnpike north to the end. It dumps into I-75. Go north another hour to exit 399.

Normally I only send my dive gear down ahead of me. Sounds like I have to send my camping gear too. I'm not sure what is still needed but I can see if I can pick things up when I fly in.

Well, if ya like roughing it, there are always pic-a-nic tables, right jah jah? LoL. If you stay overnight, you'll see the inside joke CG. Ah hell, I'll save you the effort. jah Jah warrior always sleeps on the picnic tables. I'm really not clear why. If you don't want to ship your camping gear, there are motels in the high springs area.

Well, if ya like roughing it, there are always pic-a-nic tables, right jah jah?
I actually do like roughing it, I am a scoutmaster for my the local Boy Scout troop and I'll be camping the weekend before I go, except I suspect I can get away with a much lighter sleeping bag in Fl as compared to NJ.

That's what I thought last spring...ended up cracking out the mylar emergency blanket for me and the wife. We sounded like rice crispy cereal all night. This year we are coming prepared for up to a 20 degree difference than what the forecast and almanac say.

End of march in NJ could be 70 or 7 ... we have had snow in April I don't think I'll prepare for that in Florida.:D

No, I don't think that'll be the case either. But us southerners get cold sleeping in tents if it gets down to 40-50...

I would have thought with the slats they would provide excellent ventilation. I suppose we should never underestimate the insulating properties of good wood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom