Followup to Actual Dir Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLDVR

Contributor
Reaction score
Since my original post went to hell in a handbasket I can now see that there are very few Dir divers here. There seems to be many people who want to attack and many people who want to defend, but the intent of the board to provide a valid conduit for Dir principles seems to have taken off down the wrong path.
I see people taking classes and learning.
People taking classed and realizing its not for them.
People talking about Dir.
But the underlying element always boils down to someone being attacked:shakehead:

The Forum Reads Dir
Not I hate Dir and should be elsewhere!:no

Henry

Welcome to the internet.

So, are you a DIR diver? Do you want to be one? What is your point? ...That this forum has degraded into mostly internet stupidity?

I for one am excited about the poster looking for mentors in the SC area. That, IMO, is what this forum should be about.

Mentoring.

Not this petty internet arguing crap.

Mentoring is an excellent concept. I guess my point would be just that, just minus all the knee jerk reactions and non dir replies which the forum rules prohibit.
Henry

Ps I would say I'm very encouraged by the SC diver also:D
I've had some very patient Mentors here in South Fl who made all the
difference im my journey, Heres a shout out for them.

Henry
Fundies and T1

FLDVR:
Ps I would say I'm very encouraged by the SC diver also:D
I've had some very patient Mentors here in South Fl who made all the
difference im my journey, Heres a shout out for them.

Henry
Fundies and T1

I know where you're coming from. All the DIR people that I've got to dive with have been super helpful and not a trace of attitude. Quite a bit different from some of the internet divers.

MBH:
I know where you're coming from. All the DIR people that I've got to dive with have been super helpful and not a trace of attitude. Quite a bit different from some of the internet divers.

I'd like to float the same idea again. Perhaps we can have two forums. One forum would be the "Air out your DIR grievances forum" which seems to be what this one is about recently. Another where people with real interest GUE style diving can go for real information. I think mixing these two into one forum does a real disservice to those who are new at the game and have an actual interest.

Adobo:
One forum would be the "Air out your DIR grievances forum" which seems to be what this one is about recently.
On a previous iteration of this board, there once existed a "superthread" expressly for that purpose. It was one of the most popular threads ever on ScubaBoard. For some reason the PTB decided we didn't need it anymore. Once it was closed, those posts migrated to this forum ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The "my problem with DIR" threads consistently get dozens and dozens of posts. And run for weeks on end. If people get enjoyment out that kind of thing, then more power to them. Let's set up a forum or a thread specifically for that purpose. And remove all the restrictions around the forum. Let people drop their gloves and have at it.

NWGratefulDiver:
On a previous iteration of this board, there once existed a "superthread" expressly for that purpose. It was one of the most popular threads ever on ScubaBoard. For some reason the PTB decided we didn't need it anymore. Once it was closed, those posts migrated to this forum ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
The "Dir - Antichrist or Savior" Thread?

JeffG:
The "Dir - Antichrist or Savior" Thread?
Yup ... but I always thought there should be more than two choices.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom