Folding diving knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you store/attach the Spyderco folders? I’m thinking a pouch or BC pocket, but want to have it attached via a lanyard but without dangling. Thoughts?
Boltsnap attached with caveline, clipped into a pocket. I've never had the need to open it underwater, so I've never worried about needing it on a lanyard.

From a prior thread ... on mounting/clipping Spyderco knives

How long have been you diving with your knife ? Do you dive salt or fresh water?
Just asking because I had sensible rust corrosion on steel folding knife. Tipically on the springs (if any) and near the pivot point.
99% of my dives are in sea water.

When I'm diving wet it's in my sleeve on a lanyard, when I'm diving dry or want to complicate my life I keep it stuck in a portion of a garden hose zip tied to my harness, I never have problem with recovering and using it with dry gloves as I refuse to dive in water cold enough to warrant using them.

From a prior thread ... on mounting/clipping Spyderco knives

20181202_213647-jpg.492123

20181202_213508-jpg.492122

20181202_213432-jpg.492121
Thanks!

How long have been you diving with your knife ? Do you dive salt or fresh water?
Just asking because I had sensible rust corrosion on steel folding knife. Tipically on the springs (if any) and near the pivot point.
I have limited saltwater dives on it - most of my salt-water were in marine park locations where knives were prohibited.

You are probably best off looking at this thread: Dive Knife Material vs. Corrosion: Titanium, H1, LC200N

I've been using an Atlantic Salt as my primary dive knife for over a decade.
Almost all my dives are in salt water, and salt water in the Arabian gulf is very salty...
There is not a speck of rust anywhere on the knife. I don't even have to rinse it off.

As for storage while diving, It's either in the pocket of my tech shorts, or it's slipped into the top of my Dive Rite weight pouch. It doesn't interfere with the removal of the inner weight pouches and stays handy.

Another Spyderco Salt here. Put a loop of bungee on it and wrap it around some webbing. Don't even have to pull the bungee off to remove the knife, just pull up and it will pop off. This is almost 300 dives (almost all saltwater), just gets a dip in freshwater rinse bucket post-dive still attached to my backplate.

Attachments

• IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 86
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom