Folding diving knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello! Can someone recommend workable FOLDING diving knife? 🗡️🙈
Something that will snap shut on your fingers suddenly? Or a flick knife to scare your buddy? “There are a range of options available in our store sir…”

Spyderco Salt series. They are locking so they won't snap close on your fingers, but the spine lock is fairly easy to use underwater at least with thin gloves. The H1 metal is fairly rustproof. And it is available in a variety of designs and sizes. I like the Hawkbill serrated versions, they really eat through ropes, which is the primary reason to use them vs shear or Z knives.

In my experience the Spyderco Serrated Pacific Salt is a good bet.
Its the largest of the Salts series Spyderco make and so is fairly easy to open one handed for me and I've got big hands and usually dive w 5mm mitts.
The Atlantic Salts are great but that little bit smaller. I'm happy using them too but some might find it fiddly one handed with thick gloves.
Got small hands or thin gloves? Then don't worry about it. Get whatever.
They're great knives though.

Spyderco Salt Assist - A bit of plain edge when you need it, a big serration section, no-poke tip, and finger grooves on the blade and handle for squeeze-cutting heavier cordage

1645672831101.png

Spyderco Salt Assist - A bit of plain edge when you need it, a big serration section, no-poke tip, and finger grooves on the blade and handle for squeeze-cutting heavier cordage

View attachment 708816

Now THAT'S a knife!

How do you store/attach the Spyderco folders? I’m thinking a pouch or BC pocket, but want to have it attached via a lanyard but without dangling. Thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom