Flying Force Fin Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was the Flying force fin made in TD material ?
As for now what material is used in flying force Fin production , what colors ?
Are new Material formulas tested for next year in flying force fin production .
What kind of discount is available in the Flying force fin at this time ?
I have never seen a Flying force on eBay
Material used in our Penn plant is our special material made for us..37 years. They have the state of art polyurethane cast equipment..ISO 9001. Black color. dicount code for ScubaBoard members is BETTERWET. Ebay does cover some Force Fin designs..last one I saw was a pair of Force Fin SD-1...$ 1,3000. Nice?

Any idea when the whiskers will be available?

Material used in our Penn plant is our special material made for us..37 years. They have the state of art polyurethane cast equipment..ISO 9001. Black color. dicount code for ScubaBoard members is BETTERWET. Ebay does cover some Force Fin designs..last one I saw was a pair of Force Fin SD-1...$ 1,3000. Nice?

Bob , Thanks for the up date and the discount code for the Flyin FF ...
Farewell Tan Deltas , they are part of the force fin long history now .
They the best looking fin I have ever seen ...
Every time I see a Gummy bear candy , Tan Deltas pop in my mind .

I'm trying to understand the winglets (downturn edges) on the Flying Force Fin. Does it improve the up-kick in a flutter? Does do they hinder walkability on deck?
Thank you.. a amazing story with Boeing windtunnel and the keel of the Stars and Strips. The Flying force has a History. Amazing ..if our patent lawyer has listen to us, I would be getting $$ from those up curved wingtips on Planes..such is life.. full of stories...but then stories go like snow flakes, they just melt with time. It's cell phones and taking pictures of your self, fins ?

@Akimbo No problem walking on deck. Winglets are no issue. As easy as walking with FF Pros.

Now if someone could explain Bob’s SOC (stream of conciousness) above, that would be cool.

I've never been convinced about these fins before.

But... @tridacna certain has got me interested. I normally dive DR XT for big current (they to feel like planks of wood) and Apex RK3 for teaching/easy dives. Are they really that good? or if I'm kicking hard into significant current will they work as well?

If @RainPilot moves decided to order a set, I may well hop on board and join the order (since all will be shipped to the same place)

I've never been convinced about these fins before.

But... @tridacna certain has got me interested. I normally dive DR XT for big current (they to feel like planks of wood) and Apex RK3 for teaching/easy dives. Are they really that good? or if I'm kicking hard into significant current will they work as well?

If @RainPilot moves decided to order a set, I may well hop on board and join the order (since all will be shipped to the same place)
I love my Force Fin Pro, I have a set you can borrow. They are very different from other fins, I love mine, especially now that I have figured out how to back kick in them... I can tool around Inchcape 1 in a fair current with a twinset and stage with no perceptible effort.

If you like the Pro, the Flying will be amazing for you. I'm keen and @Bob Evans has made a lovely 15% discount for us SB'ers but my budget is a little thin right now for another pair of fins...

Maybe we can enable each other :wink:

@Akimbo No problem walking on deck. Winglets are no issue. As easy as walking with FF Pros.

Now if someone could explain Bob’s SOC (stream of conciousness) above, that would be cool.

Having involvement in a patent issue many years ago, where we successfully applied for a use patent for an existing device whose patent did not cover our specific scope of usage, I’m going to guess that Bob discovered the drag reducing properties of winglets many years ago, and when he applied for the patent, he wanted to have the patent cover usage in all fluids, while his patent lawyer advised him to limit it to liquids, and not gases.

As a diver and a Pilot as well , Winglets help mitigate the effect of induce drag .
I assume that the drags in the regular Force fin design is minimum .
This is due to the 17 inches long fins , and the almost perfect fin design involved in so many years of testing and proven effects .
I will love to try one FF Pro and one FF flying on each foot ..
Then I can make my own conclusions .
Congratulations to the FF designer , sometimes is hard to upgrade something already proven , it may be even very difficult to tell the minimum difference ..

Back
Top Bottom