Flying Force Fin Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That would probably help my unusually high arch.

Is the size of the fin blade proportional to the foot pocket size or are they all the same geometry?
Very interesting point. I made each Force fin blade smaller or bigger depending on the foot pocket. This was a good idea, but created a night mare since I had to make tooling for each size. The other companies are smart, they use one or two blade sizes to put big or small Shoe style foot pocket. ...but I didn*t want to see a petite lady diver or skinny triathlete with a super big Force Fin blade on a small foot, and a linebacker wearing too small a Force Fin. I spent over a year designing the Force Fin foot pocket. Learned how to hand cast different sizes of feet, Women, Men, Kids..

Attachments

• JM-Cousteau.jpg
    JM-Cousteau.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 131
  • JM-Cousteau.jpg
    JM-Cousteau.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 112
How much bigger? Microscopic? I measured my FFs with a tape measure; Length and Breadth (tip to tip) were identical on Extra Large and Large.

You said blade sizes were different. I have 5 pairs of Pros including L, XL and XXL. @Akimbo asked about proportion of blade to foot pocket size. Mine all measured identically.

Remarkably resilient I must add. My yellows have over 700 dives and still measure identically to my black pair that has about 50 dives.

You said blade sizes were different. I have 5 pairs of Pros including L, XL and XXL. @Akimbo asked about proportion of blade to foot pocket size. Mine all measured identically.

Remarkably resilient I must add. My yellows have over 700 dives and still measure identically to my black pair that has about 50 dives.
Well not sure where this is going, but each Force Fin is different, thickness and length, even if small. Look at the xs to xxxxl and you will see a change. Thickness also plays a big part of the snapping action. Take your hands and feel the thickness changes from l to xl. I have had a life time feeling these fins..Add up 1978-2014, about 10 hours each day, 90% on weekends and you become a Force Fin Master, Then the time in water, diving..any way hopefully you get my point. I am very dystexia

Attachments

• ff-1.jpg
    ff-1.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 115
I defer to you on this but I’m guessing that only you could tell those differences so easily! I’m just a happy user.

@Bob Evans

Interesting, thanks for explaining.

It would probably be more apparent when comparing the smallest to the largest size and had a high precision scale. It makes sense that that they don't need to be fully geometrically proportional to the foot pocket as opposed to proportioned for the likely kicking power of the individual.

Bob, any suggestions regarding my foot pocket size dilemma? No point in my ordering the wrong size and creating added cost and hassle. Too bad Mendocino is so far from Santa Barbara (~780 miles) or I would just come by with my different boots.

Well I'll admit I was waiting (years apparently) to see if the Force Fin "fad" was going to die down like many "innovations". When my budget recovers from my impending 2 1/2 week (non diving) international trip I'm gonna have to "drink the Koolaid" of the Force Fin cult! (58yo and can use any advantage I an get!).

If you experience any foot cramping , leg cramps you will notice a huge difference , I made the switch 3 years ago and my only regret is I did not try them sooner , the naysayers can kiss my silt , enjoy and may the Force be with you , Lloyd

Back
Top Bottom