Flying Force Fin Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a diver and a Pilot as well , Winglets help mitigate the effect of induce drag .
I assume that the drags in the regular Force fin design is minimum .
This is due to the 17 inches long fins , and the almost perfect fin design involved in so many years of testing and proven effects .
I will love to try one FF Pro and one FF flying on each foot ..
Then I can make my own conclusions .
Congratulations to the FF designer , sometimes is hard to upgrade something already proven , it may be even very difficult to tell the minimum difference ..

I’ve done that on both legs. The big difference for me is that the FFF is just easier on my calves - same thrust and similar control from either fin. I have to check to make sure that the fin is still on my foot. Even after dozens of dives, that feeling has not gone away.

Another bonus on the FFF is that the foot-pocket is cut out making the fin easier to grasp and handle when getting back on the boat. Minor but “nice to have”.

Another bonus on the FFF is that the foot-pocket is cut out making the fin easier to grasp and handle when getting back on the boat. Minor but “nice to have”.

That would probably help my unusually high arch.

Is the size of the fin blade proportional to the foot pocket size or are they all the same geometry?

That would probably help my unusually high arch.

Is the size of the fin blade proportional to the foot pocket size or are they all the same geometry?

That's a good question. I'll measure later today. I have three pairs of similarly sized fins to compare.

I was really wondering if the blade was the same size on fins with different size foot pockets on the same model.

Strangely enough, I can do that too. I have FF Pros in two different sizes.

Pretty much identical regardless of pocket size I just learned something new myself.

Aside: The FFFs are a touch narrower in width across the tips because of the winglets.

There is a definite difference in foot pocket size from XL to XXL to XXXL. I can wear XL only with a light soled 10.5 boot (and it is snug). The XXL works fine with 10.5 - 11 light soled boots and a comfort insert or a heavy soled boot with no insert. The XXXL has a HUGE foot pocket - I think they would fit size 14-15 without inserts.

There is a definite difference in foot pocket size from XL to XXL to XXXL. I can wear XL only with a light soled 10.5 boot (and it is snug). The XXL works fine with 10.5 - 11 light soled boots and a comfort insert or a heavy soled boot with no insert. The XXXL has a HUGE foot pocket - I think they would fit size 14-15 without inserts.

Agreed but no difference in OVERALL fin size.

Agreed but no difference in OVERALL fin size.

Riddle me this: I want to use the same fin on a trilam drysuit to a 3 wetsuit bootie, both with smaller-size hard soles. I have very wide feet and a high arch -- like US men's size 8 and 6E width.

upload_2018-10-30_7-42-33.png
What do all of you think? Can I use the Large Force Fin on a drysuit and add the instep insert for wetsuits? Boot examples:

upload_2018-10-30_8-0-13.png

I have an 11 EEE foot and no prob fitting into an XL. PM me - I have a pair of Large Tan Delta FFs that you can try out if you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom