Flying Force Fin Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am still diving #22 of Bob's original run of 50 pairs of black Flying Force Fins from waaaaaay back in the day, and they are still going strong. I have Excellerating and FF Pros as well, but the Flying Force are my favourites. In truth, I don't notice a vast difference in performance when I switch back and from my FFFs and my FF Pros as they are both so efficient, but the FFFs have been worn so much, they are like a pair of comfy slippers :) They are very well worn and battered from thousands of dives, but offer the same level of performance they did on the first dive all those years ago.

As always, cheers Bob - from your long lost 'brother' in the Uk :)

IMG_3507.JPG

IMG_3508.JPG

Flying Force Fins cost $500.i feel faint.
I really prefer not to talk about my cost, if you want cheap, I tell new/old divers go buy a Pair of Jet Fins. I do plan to raise my price, so I can make some money..Not a bad idea at this point. Thank you.

I am still diving #22 of Bob's original run of 50 pairs of black Flying Force Fins from waaaaaay back in the day, and they are still going strong. I have Excellerating and FF Pros as well, but the Flying Force are my favourites. In truth, I don't notice a vast difference in performance when I switch back and from my FFFs and my FF Pros as they are both so efficient, but the FFFs have been worn so much, they are like a pair of comfy slippers :) They are very well worn and battered from thousands of dives, but offer the same level of performance they did on the first dive all those years ago.

As always, cheers Bob - from your long lost 'brother' in the Uk :)

View attachment 478491
View attachment 478492
Thank you Brother, your one of the few who wants the best fins..Thanks mark.

I just completed dive 50 with my new Flying Force Fins. I wanted to wait until I had significant usage first. 25 dives in warm water (Wetsuit - Roatan ), 25 dives in cold water (Drysuit - NJ wreck and Dutch Springs). I've used FF Pros and other FFs for about 15 years.

First impressions were interesting: I dropped to 60 feet, (CCV Roatan), kicked gently and thought that I had lost a fin; There was no resistance or so I thought. I looked down and they were both on my feet. From then on, propulsion with both frog and flutter kicks were excellent. Better than the FF Pros. A bit too easy in fact. I had to constantly look down to check that the fins were on my feet! A strange sensation; first time in over 40 years of diving. I'd never felt anything so easy on my calves before.

I completed 12 dives at CCV, then on an afternoon dive, I forgot my fins back on the dock en route to a dive site. The DM had a pair of Mares Volo fins on the boat which he loaned me. What a difference. It was like wearing two two planks of wood on my feet. Yes they worked but an incredible change from the FFFs. I felt more stress on my legs and my SAC increased significantly on both dives. (Thanks SW Perdix AI). I could not believe the difference.

I'm now completely sold on these fins. Dove in NJ (in a DS with ankle weights). Acceleration is awesome - you just have to learn to kick less and know that the fins are really working. That's what took me the longest to figure out. People still give you strange looks except for the other two FF divers on our boat - (who now want a pair too!

Thanks Bob!
Thank you for your honest report..Nice not to feel a fin hanging off the end of your foot. Thanks, all my best..

I use a Force fin Pro in one foot and the Green Tan Delta on the other foot
I can barely tell the difference in the stiffness , perhaps minimum difference .
I love my Force fins . Tan Deltas look so pretty
Do you think the flying FF is worth the price vrs Preformance compare to a regular pair of FF tan deltas ?

I have Flying FFs, Pros, Regulars and Excellerators.

Flying FFs are the most effortless fins I’ve ever used in over 40 yrs of diving. Amazing stuff. Well worth it.

I’d love to try Tan Deltas. No idea how though.

I have Flying FFs, Pros, Regulars and Excellerators.

Flying FFs are the most effortless fins I’ve ever used in over 40 yrs of diving. Amazing stuff. Well worth it.

I’d love to try Tan Deltas. No idea how though.
WOW..thank you. Yesterday a customer from Silcone Valley showed up get get new heel pad for his 30 year old Force Fins....I made his pair back in the day, Hermosa Beach, California plant run by my friends at Body Glove...Sharpr Image did $ 900,000 in Force Fin sales back in the day. I think we make too good of a product. Any way any sales at this time of the year would help..call me for a ScubaBoard discount.$$$$$$$ Appreciate positive comments...Thanks Divers.

Was the Flying force fin made in TD material ?
As for now what material is used in flying force Fin production , what colors ?
Are new Material formulas tested for next year in flying force fin production .
What kind of discount is available in the Flying force fin at this time ?
I have never seen a Flying force on eBay

Got my Flying Force Fins yesterday. Thanks for the awesome service!

Back
Top Bottom