Fly Cozumel Canceled our flight and we leave tomorrow! Please Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apparently lines up better flying from Denver.
Exactly. Our SW flight (well originally Airtran) BWI to CUN was all most always around the same time. The wrong time for Mayair. Its a shame too. We never take much baggage, so it was great.

i hope that is not for just yourself don?
Yep. Altho I often wonder why my bags do weigh as much as what you two take.
My 19 cf pony and second reg is a hassle, and I've done Devil's Throat without it as well as a 50 CESA once, but generally I feel safer with it, and that's gotta be 12#. I know how divers are about buddy diving (ever dive with Chief for a bud? :eek:), I don't trust any as buddies so I bring my own, and I'm always happy to share with others if needed - except I'm usually the first one up.
I take a 17" laptop, and boy that is a heavy one. I could go without it, but I'd not survive a 5-day quarantine without it if that happens. Besides, I like to enjoy my downtime, and it's what I like to do.
I could probably use my deck shoes as booties, I think I did once, but I take my booties and a spare pair of deck shoes.
I do not believe in "travel BCs." I take the same 40# lift BC that I'd want to have if I had to drift to Cancun before being picked up, and a PLB in case I need to call for a pickup.
I take a lot of spare batteries, and that bag does weigh a lot, but I'd rather take them and not need them than need them and not have them.
Where does the rest of the pounds come from? I'll wear the same T-shirt twice, the same shorts three times, but I take spares.
Maybe next time I'll do photo-illustrated study, with weights, then list them on a thread somewhere.
Wow, did DD JUST say to not worry about reducing your risk of COVID???? Don't do anything extra? You said that???
Look at the stoplight for the island and the masking behavior of the locals on the street. If you go to Cozumel now, you have already accepted increased risks. I do my own extras, starting with a preflight test before I do to make sure I'm not going to expose the planeload of people.
I have done the bus. Its fine for a plebian form of transport..
I travel alone.

Yea we did Mayair alot before the pandemia. Often the time was off, so we did the van and ferry. More often we took it back to CUN as the timing was closer.

Van and ferry coming down is nice. Like the ferry is an excursion, a nice boat ride with cold beer. I have done the bus. Its fine for a plebian form of transport....

Going back is checking the watch and feeling rushed.

We have started using the SWA BWI to Hobby to CZM. It is longer travel time and you put yourself at risk of delays in the Hobby to Baltimore flight (4 hours this summer. Good gravy that was a huge bar bill) but the wife really likes flying into the island.

And for us, flying to Cancun always gets us on the Island faster.
i had to google "plebian". lol

Back
Top Bottom