Fly Cozumel Canceled our flight and we leave tomorrow! Please Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You don't take 130# of luggage I guess.
i hope that is not for just yourself don? :)
my wife and i go for two weeks at a time. between carry ons and checked bags we would have about 130 to 140 pounds. thats two checked bags, two carry ons and our personal carry ons. includes all scuba gear for the two of us. i keep trying to cut down on what we bring but no matter what we do we always need the same number fo bags. so might as well fill them right ? haha

Oh, you're going to get that on the island anyway. Mexico lets anyone in without testing, and only half of the island locals wear masks in public. If you're going to go, then go, but accept that risk. Booster shots suggested.

Wow, did DD JUST say to not worry about reducing your risk of COVID???? Don't do anything extra? You said that???

1642863069041.png

Besides the bus wont stop for beer and the driver won't let me practice my Spanish.

And if arrival is close to ferry departure, my van guy will speed....

ya but how long of a wait is it for the flight? it depends on the schedule. i have done the bag drag a bunch of times. sometimes when meeting a group on coz, we have made it there before the people flying.

Yea we did Mayair alot before the pandemia. Often the time was off, so we did the van and ferry. More often we took it back to CUN as the timing was closer.

Van and ferry coming down is nice. Like the ferry is an excursion, a nice boat ride with cold beer. I have done the bus. Its fine for a plebian form of transport....

Going back is checking the watch and feeling rushed.

We have started using the SWA BWI to Hobby to CZM. It is longer travel time and you put yourself at risk of delays in the Hobby to Baltimore flight (4 hours this summer. Good gravy that was a huge bar bill) but the wife really likes flying into the island.

And for us, flying to Cancun always gets us on the Island faster.

ya but how long of a wait is it for the flight? it depends on the schedule. i have done the bag drag a bunch of times. sometimes when meeting a group on coz, we have made it there before the people flying.
Last time I flew it was similar to the ferry schedule, basically back and forth.

Last time I flew it was similar to the ferry schedule, basically back and forth.
Mayair? Pre-pandemia? I never remember it being anywhere close to on the hour.

Mayair? Pre-pandemia? I never remember it being anywhere close to on the hour.
Mayair, but as I mentioned earlier it was not recently now that you can fly direct to Coz. I have done the bus/ferry many times and it was never faster in my experience. It is fun though. I found mayair because my wife who I was dating back then gets motion sickness, so taking her from plane to bus to ferry was a one time deal:) plane to plane was much better.

Mayair, but as I mentioned earlier it was not recently now that you can fly direct to Coz. I have done the bus/ferry many times and it was never faster in my experience. It is fun though. I found mayair because my wife who I was dating back then gets motion sickness, so taking her from plane to bus to ferry was a one time deal:) plane to plane was much better.

I dunno.... We used Mayair for years and it rarely line up for us going TO CZM. It would have been 3 hours waiting in the FBO, or 2 hours van and ferry. It was like maybe 4 or 5 flights all day long at its best.

Coming back we could usually make Mayair work, esp giving my wife would be like we need to take the 0-dark-30 ferry to make sure we are in Cancun in plenty of time if we don't fly! I really liked flying co-pilot in that small plane. It was a 1970 model year if I remember.

When it works it was faster.

I was more like for us, flying from Baltimore west to Texas and then east to Cozumel is 7 hours min. 3.5 hours or so BWI to CUN and then less than 2 hours van and ferry. so 5.5 and if if we missed the ferry, (usually by 2 minutes) we get a snack and beer at Senor Frogs and still save 30 minutes or so.

And I would say, flying through Hobby in Houston is really nice for doing the whole customs thing coming back. Fairly easy and the margs at the Papi places are not to bad, if hideously expensive.

I dunno.... We used Mayair for years and it rarely line up for us going TO CZM. It would have been 3 hours waiting in the FBO, or 2 hours van and ferry. It was like maybe 4 or 5 flights all day long at its best.

Coming back we could usually make Mayair work, esp giving my wife would be like we need to take the 0-dark-30 ferry to make sure we are in Cancun in plenty of time if we don't fly! I really liked flying co-pilot in that small plane. It was a 1970 model year if I remember.

When it works it was faster.

I was more like for us, flying from Baltimore west to Texas and then east to Cozumel is 7 hours min. 3.5 hours or so BWI to CUN and then less than 2 hours van and ferry. so 5.5 and if if we missed the ferry, (usually by 2 minutes) we get a snack and beer at Senor Frogs and still save 30 minutes or so.

Apparently lines up better flying from Denver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom