Florida State Parks that allow Diving (List)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thnx.

Hey I wasn't sure if this warranted an entire new post, so I thought I would try asking here. Me & a buddy are going to try out diving at Fort Pierce Inlet State Park, Pepper Park and/or Saint Lucie Inlet Park and I was wondering if you can get to the beach to dive before the park opens (8am according to their website)? We wanted to get an earlier start around 7am, but not sure if we can even get in that early. If anyone knows anything about that, any info would be greatly appreciated!

AFAIK all state parks open the gate at 8am and close it at sunset (some close earlier). There is no way to get in earlier unless you are camping there the night before...if they have camping.

If this is being updated, Madison Blue is $5 per diver now, was just there today.

Hey I wasn't sure if this warranted an entire new post, so I thought I would try asking here. Me & a buddy are going to try out diving at Fort Pierce Inlet State Park, Pepper Park and/or Saint Lucie Inlet Park and I was wondering if you can get to the beach to dive before the park opens (8am according to their website)? We wanted to get an earlier start around 7am, but not sure if we can even get in that early. If anyone knows anything about that, any info would be greatly appreciated!

I am the one with the answer to this. Pepper park is open 24 hours a day. So is Waveland beach (no good diving at Waveland though.) ALL other parks in St Lucie county close at sunset/ open at around 0800.

Inlet state park does have a program for fishing whereas you pay a monthly fee and get a after hours permit along with that months combination to the gate. The surfers go in and surf in the middle of the night sometimes on this same permit.

Pepper park has pretty much the same reef structure as inlet state park. Better in my opinion.

If this is being updated, Madison Blue is $5 per diver now, was just there today.

There was a change in the policy back in July. The state park system originally increased the fee for diving. However, after several cave divers from all over the state e-mailed them, they realized their error. Fees were then reduced so there is no longer a special access fee for diving.

Also, as for diving at St. Andrews State Park after hours, as I stated previously, that can be done if you are camping. It can also be done if you have an annual pass. If you want to access the park after hours, you just need to get the gate codes from them sometime during regular hours.

so there are no longer any diver fees at state parks? I've looked at a couple of the webpages of the different parks and all the ones I have looked at have had the diving fee removed from the pages.

At Madison blue the fee is $5 per diver. To get in without diving it is $5 per car. I was surprised by this too as I was involved in a thread some months ago regarding the pricing changes. I can assure you that it was $10 for my wife and I to dive yesterday, and that was what the sign said too.

Has anyone ever snorkeled or dived off Delnor-Wiggins State Park in Naples?

Is there anything to see?

Well who knows how you will have to pay when you go to Madison. I checked the website today and just like Dive-aholic said, the diving fees have been removed. I can tell you that as of the other day the sign had $5 per diver on it, and that is what I paid. Maybe some of the rangers havent been updated to the new regulations. Either way, $5 is a bargain for such a beautiful dive, and hopefully the 'extra' we paid will benefit the spring in some way :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom