Florida State Parks that allow Diving (List)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanLover91

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Thought I would list all the Florida State Parks that allow diving, plus the fee (if any) all in one thread to make it a little bit easier for those looking for spots to go. Keep in mind, these are obviously not the only spots to dive in Florida, they are just State Parks in Florida that allow diving.

Most of the per car admission fees are for a max of 8 people, then additional fees apply. There are pedestrian fees that are lower than car fees but you can visit the site for those :wink:

Most of these parks require at least two people to dive. Always have a buddy!! :D

All prices are as of June 1, 2010
Disclaimer: All the prices listed (or not listed in the case where it says "no fee") are derived from the website under the fees sections and the scuba diving section (sometimes it isn't listed in the fees section, but it's in the scuba diving section). It has come to my attention that Blue Springs had a fee when I had listed none (it's fixed now). Just be advised that things could be different. I would suggest calling the number listed before you go, just to make sure.

I realize all the links say "Welcome to Florida State Parks" but they all lead to the correct places. :)

Bahia Honda State Park
36850 Overseas Highway, Big Pine Key 33043
Southeast Region
(305) 872-2353
$4.00 (single occupant) $8.00 per car (2-8), plus $0.50 per person
No "Diving" Fee (Shore Diving)
Welcome to Florida State Parks

Blue Spring State Park
2100 W. French Avenue, Orange City 32763
Central Region
(386) 775-3663
$4.00 (single occupant) $6.00 per car (2-8)
$15.00 per diver (Entrance Included)
Lights are allowed only if all members of the party are cavern or cave certified.
No Water Activities From November 15 to March 1

Cayo Costa State Park
880 Belcher Road, Boca Grande 33921
Southwest Region
(941) 964-0375
$2.00 per person

De Leon Springs State Park
601 Ponce de Leon Boulevard, De Leon Springs 32130
Central Region
(386) 985-4212
No "Diving" Fee, however, no recreational diving is allowed accept for students with an instructor.

Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park
11135 Gulfshore Dr., Naples 34108
Southwest Region
(239) 597-6196
No "Diving" Fee (Shore Diving) There is a hard bottom reef, which runs parallel to the beach where scuba diving is permitted. The closest area to the reef is area 2.

Don Pedro Island State Park
Southwest Region
(941) 964-0375
$3.00 per car

Fanning Springs State Park
18020 N.W. Highway 19, Fanning Springs 32693
Northeast Region
(352) 463-3420
$4.00 (single occupant) $6.00 per car (2-8), or $1.00 per person if entrance station is closed
$15.00 per diver plus tax (should be 7% = $16.05)

Fort Pierce Inlet State Park
905 Shorewinds Drive, Fort Pierce 34949
Southeast Region
(772) 468-3985
No "Diving" Fee (Shore Diving) There is a reef about 100 yards from the beach. A Diver Down flag must be displayed.

Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park

Southard Street, Key West 33041
Southeast Region
(305) 292-6713
$4.00 (single occupant car) $6.00 per car (2-8), plus $0.50 per person

Gasparilla Island State Park
Southwest Region
(941) 964-0375
$3.00 per car

Ichetucknee Springs State Park
12087 S.W. U.S. 27, Fort White 32038
Northeast Region
(386) 497-4690
$4.00 (single occupant), $6.00 per car (2-8)
$15.00 per person at Blue Hole Spring from October through March. Scuba diving is not permitted in the river or other springs. Must be Cave Certified

Indian Key Historic State Park
U.S. 1 Mile Marker 85.5, Islamorada 33036
Southeast Region
(305) 664-2540
No admission fee
No "Diving" Fee. Permitted in the surrounding offshore waters. A "Diver Down" flag is required by law and must be displayed at all times.

John D. MacArthur Beach State Park
10900 Jack Nicklaus Drive, North Palm Beach 33408
Southeast Region
(561) 624-6950
$4.00 (single occupant), $5.00 per car (2-8)
No "Diving" Fee. A "Diver Down" flag, for snorkelers and divers, is required by law and is available for rent at the Nature Center.

John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park
U.S. 1 Mile Marker 102.5, Key Largo 33037
Southeast Region
(305) 451-1202
$4.00 (single occupant), $8.00 per car (2-8) plus $0.50 per person
No "Diving" Fee (Shore Diving) To fully enjoy the diving possibilities of the park, boat trips to the reef are recommended. A new diver, or a diver that needs a refresher, will find the waters off Cannon Beach a great place to hone his or her skills.

John U. Lloyd Beach State Park
6503 N. Ocean Drive, Dania Beach 33004
Southeast Region
(954) 923-2833
$4.00 (single Occupant), $6.00 per car (2-8)
No "Diving" Fee (Shore Diving) You can follow the submerged Eurojacks to the first reef.

Lafayette Blue Spring State Park
799 N.W. Blue Spring Road, Mayo 32066
Northeast Region
(386) 294-3667
$15.00 per person (includes admission fee) Dives cannot extend past 5:00 p.m. Must be Cave Certified

Madison Blue Spring State Park
8300 N.E. State Road 6, Lee 32059
Northeast Region
(850) 971-5003
$4.00 (single occupant), $6.00 (2-8)
$15.00 per person, diving fee (includes entrance fee). Cavern and cave diving only, no open water diving. All cavern divers must be accompanied by a certified cave diver or instructor. All divers must show proof of certification prior to diving. Solo diving is not permitted.

Manatee Springs State Park
11650 N.W. 115th Street, Chiefland 32626
Northeast Region
(352) 493-6072
$15.00 per person, plus tax (should be 7% = $16.05) Diving: spring, open water and cave diving.

Peacock Springs State Park

Peacock Springs Road, Luraville
Northeast Region
(386) 776-2194
$4.00 per car
$15.00 per person. Open water diving is permitted only in Orange Grove Sink. Cavern and cave diving is available to certified dive teams in Orange Grove Sink & Peacock Springs.

San Pedro Underwater Archaeological Preserve State Park
U.S. 1 Mile Marker 85.5, Islamorada 33036
Southeast Region
(305) 664-2540
No admission fee
No "Diving" Fee

Sebastian Inlet State Park
9700 S. State Road A1A, Melbourne Beach 32951
Central Region
(321) 984-4852
$4.00 (single occupant), $8.00 per car (2-8)
No "Diving" Fee (Shore Diving) Scuba diving and snorkeling are permitted in all in the waters of Sebastian Inlet State Park, with the exception of under the Sebastian Inlet Bridge and in the boat channel. Rock reefs stretch for miles starting south of Sebastian Inlet in the nearshore waters. Water visibility is best in the summer months. All divers and snorkelers must be within 100 feet of a dive flag. Spearfishing is prohibited.

St. Andrews State Park
4607 State Park Lane, Panama City 32408
Northwest Region
(850) 233-5140
$4.00 (single occupant), $8.00 per car (2-8)
No "Diving" Fee

St. Lucie Inlet State Park
4810 S.E. Cove Road, Stuart 34997
Southeast Region
(772) 219-1880
$2.00 per kayak/canoe, $3.00 per boat (it is only accessible by boat)
No "Diving" Fee. An extensive Anastasia rock reef is located just offshore of the park extending 4.7 miles along the coast and up to 1 mile offshore. Depths range from 5 ft. to 35 ft. This reef is the northernmost limit for the ranges of several species of corals found in south Florida. In addition, many species of marine plants and tropical fishes are associated with the reef. No spearfishing is permitted within state park boundaries.

Stump Pass Beach State Park
Manasota Key, Englewood
Southwest Region
(941) 964-0375
$3.00 per car

Troy Spring State Park
674 Troy Springs Road, Branford 32008
Northeast Region
(386) 935-4835
$4.00 (single occupant), $5.00 per car (2-8)
$15.00 per person. All diving is open water only. Lights and scooters are prohibited. Dives cannot extend past 5:00 p.m.

Weeki Wachee Springs State Park

6131 Commercial Way, Spring Hill 34606
Southwest Region
(352) 592-5656
$13.00 per adult, $5.00 per child (see the site for more details)
No "Diving" Fee. All divers must be accompanied by an instructor from a dive shop. No individual dives allowed and reservations are required.

All these come from this list:
Which I got by going to Things to Do -> Activities -> Scuba Diving

I seen on another post that Annual Passes can be bought for $60.00 per person, or $120 for a family up to 8 people, that cover the admission and diving fees (I am not 100% positive on this though) to most of the parks (some exceptions apply, see the link below).

Hope this is helpful! :D

Please PM any corrections to NetDoc so the list can be up to date!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! I hope the mods "sticky" this.

I hate to be the jerk that corrects people but it's definitly 15 per diver at blue springs. Just don't want people to get there and be surprised.

Lol, I wouldn't call you a jerk. I've never been there. I am going by what it says under fees and the scuba diving section, nothing was listed on the site, but I will update it. Thanks.

Lol, I wouldn't call you a jerk. I've never been there. I am going by what it says under fees and the scuba diving section, nothing was listed on the site, but I will update it. Thanks.

Lol you just made such a nice thread and I didn't wanna be the one to screw it up. Anyway, I don't know why it doesn't say it there but you have to pull off to the side and register. That where they hit you with the fee.

Lol you just made such a nice thread and I didn't wanna be the one to screw it up. Anyway, I don't know why it doesn't say it there but you have to pull off to the side and register. That where they hit you with the fee.

Aww well thanks! :D I am not sure why it doesn't list it either, I guess now I should add a disclaimer saying that there could be hidden fees :depressed:

Do yourself a favor and call first. Troy gets blown out very easily when the river rises,and Peacock (Orange Grove) will get a bad algae bloom,and will be closed to open water diving at certain times.

Well I was going to quote karstdvr in my original post but it won't let me, I'll contact the administrators and see if they will let me, I figure if all the "updated" info was in the first post people would see it, because if this gets a lot of replies over time, people are not likely to read through all the posts...

hmm, just kidding, now I can't even get to the spot where it says ask administrator... :(

"report" your post and tell the mods what you want done. :thumb:

You may also need to educate some of the park rangers on the annual pass. There have been times when the employee or volunteer on duty isn't aware that annual pass holders don't have to pay an additional fee. The most recent incident I heard of was at Manatee, but it was resolved and the diving fee refunded before the end of the day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom