Florida springs ?? solo dive????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divedog28

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

Trying to find out if you can solo dive Ginnie springs and Blue grotto?
My daughter is doing her check out dives and I would like to get some dives in too.
I'm just not sure what the rules are down south.

Thanks

i know they don't allow solo diving in either place, but you can tag along for the check out dives and stay with them

that would be ok

Not sure about Blue Grotto, but you can in the main Ginnie Spring. There are usually enough classes and other divers around that your really aren't diving solo, even if you wanted too. :wink: Blue Grotto, becuase of the depth (100') may be a different story. I'm sure some one here will be able to answer that one for you..

H2Andy:
i know they don't allow solo diving in either place, but you can tag along for the check out dives and stay with them

that would be ok

The daughter might not think so. :11:

DaleHall:
but you can in the main Ginnie Spring.

not officially ... and lately they have been much more strict about their rules

spectrum:
The daughter might not think so. :11:

oh she won't even know he's there

:wink:

H2Andy:
not officially ... and lately they have been much more strict about their rules

Hmm.. I was unaware of that..

That's why I love this board. :D

actually, we've been going back and forth on this...

you probably can get away with it ... but.. if you get caught... not a good scene

there's a ton of people who dive Ginnie regularly, if you need a buddy, a few of us would love to go dive with you

JeanDiver
Scubafool
myself

i'd be happy to buddy up pretty much any weekend

Or you could pick up a telephone and ask them directly. I know its old technology, but it works.

Jim

Andy, you're talking about the spring basin, right, not the cave itself? They must have changed that policy on the basin recently as it's been possible in the past....like last January, for example....

Next time I'm in Fla I may take you up on the offer....

yeah, the Ballroom basin

i could be wrong, but i thought they did not allow solo diving anywhere in the park, officially, as of last year ... they clamped down on a lot of other stuff too

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom