Florida springs ?? solo dive????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be willing to go sometime on Feb. I've made a couple trips down there and have ended up coming home since none of my dive buddies showed up.

I have been turned away from blue grotto trying to dive solo, also was turned away because my wife was my buddy and they have a witness form that has to be signed and was told that in Florida spouses cant witness for each other, tho Im not sure exactly what the person is witnessing, we had two guys show up at the last minute and sign our papers so we could dive

That's weird. I wonder why the staff couldn't have been witnesses for you?

DebbyDiver:
That's weird. I wonder why the staff couldn't have been witnesses for you?

I would not want to go to court as a witness to a waiver that says the person cannot sue me.

Divedog. I went to the springs about a month ago when my trip to west palm beach got cancelled due to high (30 knot) winds. We simply tried to salvage the trip. The springs are great to dive once or for training. There are usually a bunch of students/divers/instructors down there, so odds are, you won't be alone. Tag along with your daughter. Once she's done with her checkouts, she'll be free to dive with you. NEVER DIVE ALONE!

Vayu:
No soloing in Ginnie or Blue Grotto. No soloing in Manatee spring or Troy spring. Soloing in a body of water that has other divers in it is still soloing. Should you have an emergency, you will be inconveniencing the real divers in there who actually had a plan and a friend.

That said... like Andy and the others you will find a few more of us ready to buddy up if needed (but not on this horribly cold weekend) :).

Er , some of us WENT DIVING in the springs on this HORRIBLY COLD WEEKEND , I would have you know...
Of course , we didn't say we were SMART , did we???

Did someone say GINNIE???!!! :D
(always up for some diving at Ginnie ... )

Jeano Beano
Fort White , Florida

P.S. The state parks have a rule: No SOLO DIVING ...
So that elimiates Troy , Peacock , Madison , Manatee ...
Since Ginnie and Blue Grotto are privately owned , they can set their own rules.
As for Ginnie and solo diving , I plead the 5th ... (mmmppphhh)

We dove Ginnie on saturday... Water was cozy, air was balls cold :)

I've never encountered any issues with solo diving at Ginnie (which is good as I have no buddy.) It may be enforced based on the card you show at the front. It is a good spot for a relaxing solo dive, a good skills practice or gear wash.

Neither have I........in regards to the ballroom. Not that I solo dive.......I don't.......much.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom