Florida ocean shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FL_DVLover

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm new to this forum and you probably get asked this a lot, but what are your favorite ocean shore dives in Florida? I don't have a boat and constantly diving charters can get a bit pricey when you want to dive all the time. I've dived many of the springs and am looking for something easily accessible in saltwater that's enjoyable.

Many thanks for any input.

D. :14:

Depending on the conditions... anywere from Ft Pierce south... Favorite places... Phil Foster Park & Lauderdale by the Sea...

Broward County.

I'm sure the quality of the onshore reefs have changed over the years but when I lived in Florida in the early 70's my favorite shore dives were Deerfield Beach and Boynton Beach. I kept a full cylinder and all my gear in my old VW bus at all times and made a shore dive at least 4 days a week on the way home from work. There were fresh water showers at both locations so you could fully rinse yourself and your gear after the dive.

'Slogger

I second the motion!!...Lauderdale by the sea, is very nice!!! The reef is easy to find and fairly shallow, maybe 20ft?!?! This means longer down time...plus lot's of neat places to eat near by. Try the pier while it's still closed, you never know what you'll find, I found two rusty knives and a ring of unknown metal, also about 20lbs of lead fishing weights. Fish of all kinds and size...even a nurse shark was hanging out.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I will definitely add Phil Foster Park and Lauderdale by the Sea to my list of possibilities for this summer.

Get a copy of Ray McCallisters book "Beach diving and Snorkeling locations if you will be diving the southeast coast. Most dive shops have copies for sale. It lists 28 dives between Jupiter and Hollywood, about $20.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom