Flooding mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, thanks for posting this thread. On our dive trip to Belize last month I had this same issue on a few dives with my mask leaking. I tried re-positioning the mask, the strap, filling the mask and clearing it. It drove me nuts. Then the next dive no issues at all. Then the next dive it was leaking again and this went on over the next few dives. Each time I got out of the water and got dried off I looked the mask over. It would suck tight to my face with just a press. I've given up on the mask as I can't go through this on my next dives. Hence the reason my son got me a knew one.

Wow, thanks for posting this thread. On our dive trip to Belize last month I had this same issue on a few dives with my mask leaking. I tried re-positioning the mask, the strap, filling the mask and clearing it. It drove me nuts. Then the next dive no issues at all. Then the next dive it was leaking again and this went on over the next few dives. Each time I got out of the water and got dried off I looked the mask over. It would suck tight to my face with just a press. I've given up on the mask as I can't go through this on my next dives. Hence the reason my son got me a knew one.

You never know. Maybe next time you try it and it wont' leak at all. At least it's the case for me.

You never know. Maybe next time you try it and it wont' leak at all. At least it's the case for me.

Once you dive with it and it is not leaking, check where and how you've set your mask strap. Then check how it is positioned on your face. Is it tight under your nose or lower down on your lip . .
Try to remember those details because that is how you'll want your mask sitting on your face and your strap on that part of the back of your head, for your next dives.
The other thing to remember is that no matter what wonderful things you see, you must not smile!

Back
Top Bottom