Flooding mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, then it has to be something else. Did you adjust your mask strap tightness or looseness at any time whilst on your vacation?

OK, then it has to be something else. Did you adjust your mask strap tightness or looseness at any time whilst on your vacation?
not at all...it was on the same setting since before and for the first three days throughout

Are you sure that you've set it on your face in the same spot each time? Sometimes my nose the bottom of my nose starts to hurt call Mother part over my lip and I'll find myself adjusting my mask a little bit differently so that it won't press on that spot anymore. That can cause me to have some leaks. Another thing that gets my mask leaking, as if my mask strap is not placed properly on the back of my head.
If it is none of those things, then you have started to breathe differently into your mask.

No change in your regulator or the mouthpiece to your regulator either?

Are you sure that you've set it on your face in the same spot each time? Sometimes my nose the bottom of my nose starts to hurt call Mother part over my lip and I'll find myself adjusting my mask a little bit differently so that it won't press on that spot anymore. That can cause me to have some leaks. Another thing that gets my mask leaking, as if my mask strap is not placed properly on the back of my head.
If it is none of those things, then you have started to breathe differently into your mask.

i guess ill have to pay attention during my next dive to these things. if still doesnt work then get a new one!
thanks a ton!

Try using a chapstick on the skirt all the way around and a bit more right under your nose and see if still leaks. Make sure the top is not on part of your eyebrows.

Try using a chapstick on the skirt all the way around and a bit more right under your nose and see if still leaks. Make sure the top is not on part of your eyebrows.
Thanks...will try that

Hi
I just did my first live aboard and my mask which has been fine all this while Started flooding after the first 3 days. At first I thought it might be because my stubble had grown and had a shave. But the problem still continued and I had to deal with it for the rest of the trip. Any ideas on why this happened considering that I’ve been diving with this mask and had no problems so far. Including the first 3 days of the very same trip
Thanks

Hi onejubb,
My experience has always been that there is a bad day coming out of nowhere, which means there is some particular days my mask keep leaking and nothing I can do to help during the dive. Some times, it helps by adjusting the strap (tighten it up or loosen it out) even though it was perfect the weekend before, rubber wear out I guess. Another thing always helps my case is washing my face with fresh water before I get in the water, I have oily face.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom