Flights to Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try Stevens taxis. I used them for airport transfer at Marsa Alam and for a couple of day trips, one was about half way to Hurghada for a land excursion. Responsive, on time, much cheaper than arranging anything through Aggressor. Nothing against Aggressor, they do a great job and on board staff is great but while they make things easy you pay for it.

I do not know if they do an airport transfer to/from Hurghada but email/ phone will get you that info.

Ok, so ‘dan’s’ answer is ‘I need to go on the 21st dec, unfortunately I have no flexibility on dates and I can’t find any boats that go from hurghadga on that date’... which would be a completely valid answer to my fair question.

Although...I might do the Red Sea aggressor 2 leaving in exactly the same day..Dec 21st from hurghada...although I must confess that I have never been on it, so I don’t know if it’s ‘perfectly good’ and it’s $1413..
my blue is 2 days before on basically the same itinerary as the aggressor you are driving 8 hours return for, but it may be more expensive as I know it’s a much nicer
boat than the aggressor, $1385 for the brothers itinerary out of hurghadha.

MY Amelia leaves hurg on the 21st too. That’s a solid 7/10 boat for $800 for the northern itinerary..

Reactions: Dan
MY Talia...that also leaves hurg on the 21st dec...although I haven’t been on it so I can’t speak to quality...although an Italian pal gave it a solid 7/10 and he says arenui is 9/10

.....MY Tillis....that leaves Hurghadha on the 21st Dec for Northern itinerary for less than a grand...

It would be nice to see Luxor though... that could be a reason for me I suppose.

Although...I might do the Red Sea aggressor 2 leaving in exactly the same day..Dec 21st from hurghada...although I must confess that I have never been on it, so I don’t know if it’s ‘perfectly good’ and it’s $1413..
my blue is 2 days before on basically the same itinerary as the aggressor you are driving 8 hours return for, but it may be more expensive as I know it’s a much nicer
boat than the aggressor, $1385 for the brothers itinerary out of hurghadha.

Thanks for the info. I looked at RSA2 itinerary and I have been on some of the sites before (Ras Mohammed, Thistlegorm, Strait of Tiran) so northern route is out of the question.

I was there last August. The sites were pretty much fished out. That's why I'm interested in the southern route and in better time of the year.

Cooler water seems to bring the sharks, especially the hammerheads. At least that's what I learnt from diving in Gulf of Mexico, Cocos, Socorro, and Galapagos.

Ok, so ‘dan’s’ answer is ‘I need to go on the 21st dec, unfortunately I have no flexibility on dates and I can’t find any boats that go from hurghadga on that date’... which would be a completely valid answer to my fair question.

I'm still working and my office gives December 24 & 25 as paid holiday. I can take 4 vacation days (December 20, 23, 26 & 27) and get 10 days off (December 20-29). Holiday season tends to be slow time at the office. So, I like to take this opportunity.

I just got off the phone with Lisa of Aggressor Liveaboard. She said the transfer from Hurghada airport to Port Ghalib is not free. It’ll cost me $119 each way and takes 3.5 hours..
Wow - that is expensive. Going rate is €40 one way (around US$60).

Try Stevens taxis. I used them for airport transfer at Marsa Alam and for a couple of day trips, one was about half way to Hurghada for a land excursion. Responsive, on time, much cheaper than arranging anything through Aggressor. Nothing against Aggressor, they do a great job and on board staff is great but while they make things easy you pay for it.

I do not know if they do an airport transfer to/from Hurghada but email/ phone will get you that info.

Wow - that is expensive. Going rate is €40 one way (around US$60).

Thanks for the info, folks. I'm going to check the alternative out!

Back
Top Bottom