Flights to Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depending on when you plan to travel, Condor from Toronto via Frankfurt to Hurghada might be an option. If your are not fixed a a specific LOB, there are plenty of options sailing out of HRG; depending on your route that might be the better place to start anyway. Cost for a decent LOB ist around CAD$ 1500 to 2000 for a 8D/7N trip. Between November and April do bring a think wet suit (or dry suit :)) and some warm clothing, as it can get quite cold in the evenings and there is almost always a chilling wind. And I never have been approached to pay a "fee" of any kind in HRG or RMF.

Depending on when you plan to travel, Condor from Toronto via Frankfurt to Hurghada might be an option. If your are not fixed a a specific LOB, there are plenty of options sailing out of HRG; depending on your route that might be the better place to start anyway. Cost for a decent LOB ist around CAD$ 1500 to 2000 for a 8D/7N trip. Between November and April do bring a think wet suit (or dry suit :)) and some warm clothing, as it can get quite cold in the evenings and there is almost always a chilling wind.

Thanks for reminding me that Red Sea does get cold. I practically forgot!!!

My 0.02 cents from my trip last year:

1. I paid $1350 pp from DFW-ORD-IST-HRG. I had a 9 Hr layover in IST. Unfortunately, I landed at ~16:15 and it was too late to go into Istanbul to the museums

2. I paid $1165 pp for the RSA I.

3. The Turkish Air plane was very cramped. I am not big - (5’11” / 165#) and I felt very claustrophobic… After 3 hrs on the ORD-IST leg, I got up and stood at the back of the plane for an hour and it helped.

4. The IST airport is very good – they have a hotel attached that you could go be comfortable in, a sleeping room (I don’t recommend it), tons of shops and bars/restaurants… Great people watching for sure.

5. If you want anything harder than beer/wine on the RSAI, get it at the IST airport – your only chance for getting some hooch on the boat for after a long hard day diving.

6. Divemasters Mahmood, Katya and Rashad, Stewards Ali and Hegazi, Chefs Sherif and Hussein, and dinghy captains Emad, and Amir are AWESOME!!

Be ready to be spoiled like you’ve never been spoiled. I doubt this will ever be topped as far as service goes. If they made this any easier, they’d be doing the diving for you – Haha….

MC

Glad to know that you saw Oceanic Whitetip & Thresher sharks there last year. I haven’t seen those 2 kinds of sharks.

We also saw hammerheads, silkies and one baby white tip reef shark. The oceanic white tip however was a fearsome animal.

Here's two of my pics:

shark-attack-03.jpg

Red-Sea-Thresher-2018-06-24-08-39-03.png

Usually, you just have to communicate your flight number and arrival time at Hurghada or Marsa Alam airport, and your liveaboard organization will arrange your transfer for free (in fact, it's included in the price).

I just got off the phone with Lisa of Aggressor Liveaboard. She said the transfer from Hurghada airport to Port Ghalib is not free. It’ll cost me $119 each way and takes 3.5 hours.

Since my return flight will be on the next day, I arranged a day trip to Luxor before heading back to Hurghada & home.

Back
Top Bottom