Fitness Members Journal May 14th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It wasn't the food so much as they way it was cooked.....FRIED! :D

Dee, I don't know about how fried foods affect you, but since I have been staying away from them if I do ever endulge I usually feel kinda queasy later. Seems like my body rejects that grease. But, every once and a great while I just can't seem to resist something that I have not had in so long. When that happens I just tell myself, that it is not so bad after all to avoid the fried foods. It keeps me on the program better too.

seaangel - you stole my post! LOL My wife and I indulged in a little greasy food yesterday and both of us were wrecked stomach wise for the afternoon.

Hey - it just occured to me about the spread in your blood pressure: 100/55. Thats a wide spread, Dee... In a past life, that would have had me concerned and been ready to talk to you about taking a trip somewhere before stroking out. Hopefully the med changes will help get those numbers a little closer! :)

Sat was my free day, but often on my free day I eat what I usually eat unless I want something special......Although I did have Mex food for dinner. Exercise was 3000 yd swim, plus tons of walking at the local scuba show

Sunday I was on a dive boat, which is hard for me to eat right. Too mcuh grazing crap (food included in the charter), and it was an overly looooong day, so I really screwed up last nite and ate McDonalds....... Exercise was three drysuit dives :)
But I am back on it this week

Breakfast
plain bagel and non fat yogurt
lunch - smoothie
dinner -0 chicken, brown rice and green beans
exercise - hopefully get to the pool

Chris

Seaangel....It's the same for me. We used to eat alot of fried foods but now our bodies just won't tolerate it. Our tastes have changed drastically. For instance, we used to eat mexican food a couple times a week. If I tried to eat enchiladas with chili now, I doubt I'd make it out of the restaurant before the 'reaction' hit! It doesn't even sound good! Same thing with chicken fried steak and gravy...yuck!

One reason we go to this particular seafood place is their fried stuff isn't 'greasy'...know what I mean? Even so, this is only the second time in 8 months that I've had fried shrimp...and it was worth it!

Colin...you bet I was concerned! I knew it was low because I was getting dizzy when I'd stand up, stuff like that, but never dreamed it was that low. Unfortunately I've never had a BP thing to use at home to check it. Never needed to as my meds kept it at a consistant 120/80. I bought a BP monitor on the way home from the doctors office that day! Since then, my BP is back to normal and seems to be holding. The dizzy spells are gone.

Thanks for your concern. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom