Fitness Members Journal May 14th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel:
I had a great week all the way until Friday evening, then I really blew it big. I was taken out to dinner to celebrate my last day in the stress pit of acute dialysis and my starting a new job as a diabetic educator. I am still working for the same hospital, just changed departments and gears.

Dont worry about messing up once in a while. A lot of losing weight is psychological, and the harder it is, the more likely you are to quit, so you have to reward yourself in order to stay sane. Soda is my biggest weakness, and Ive cut back drastically, but I cant totally give it up. WHat the hell is the point if you cant eat sweets? Life is not worth living, if its sugar free. :)

jviehe:
Dont worry about messing up once in a while. A lot of losing weight is psychological, and the harder it is, the more likely you are to quit, so you have to reward yourself in order to stay sane. Soda is my biggest weakness, and Ive cut back drastically, but I cant totally give it up. WHat the hell is the point if you cant eat sweets? Life is not worth living, if its sugar free. :)

Thanks, for the reminder and support! I know it to be true. I also know that by admitting that I went off my plan that is half of the battle. Atleast I am not in denial or trying to cheat and cover up my cheating.

Life is too complicated as it is to be 100% perfect and heck, we are all human afterall. Right? Well, atleast we are all hanging in there together.

I had a great NSV (no scale victory) this morning. My regular 3 months checkup this morning showed I had really low blood pressure, 100/55, now I know why I was having dizzy spells! The Dr. lowered my blood pressure meds by half! Hopefully I can get totally off of it before I get to goal weight.

That's so cool Dee. Congrats! Getting off meds is always a good thing!
Watch that low blood pressure, mine gets low sometimes and its easy to forget to remember to take it a bit slower getting out of chairs or getting upright too quickly. Luckily for me, the dizziness is only a second or so...

That's what it was....just a few seconds of dizziness when I'd move suddenly. This'll probably fix it.

The Dr. lowered my blood pressure meds by half! Hopefully I can get totally off of it before I get to goal weight.

That is FANTASTIC news!!!! congrats!!!!

Lessee.....
Don't know where I left off, but yesterday found me reverting to old habits, i.e., not eating lunch. It's horrible, and don't know why I do it, but... and just causes problems later, so the ugly truth:
breakfast - soy mocha and plain bagel
lunch - 1/2 chocolate donut (WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?)
Dinner - salvaged - two pieces of chicken and brown rice
dessert - 1/2 glass nonfat milk, peanut butter protein bar
exercise - watching the T Wolves/Kings game :)

Today
b fast - banana, strawberry cereal bar, chicken breast (I know it sounds weir, but I like protein in the am without dairy)
lunch - smoothie and sugar free cookie
dinner - not sure yet, likely chicken ceasar salad, same dessert.....
exercise - pool workout, likely 1500 -2000 yards
then....
weigh in :)

Chris

Chris, I occasionally fall back to skipping breakfast. I need protein in the mornings and sometimes I just don't feel like cooking first thing or I'm just not hungry. But I always regret it. So I've been trying to make myself eat at least some peanut butter on toast when I don't feel like cooking or not hungry.

Congrats for not letting it rule your whole day! And if you cheer and carry on like Beast does during games, you had plenty of excercise! :)

jviehe - Couldnt agree with you more. I have one cheat day a week. On that day I have one meal that is not something I would not have normally during the week. Sometimes its Guinness and Zingers at Ale House, sometimes its a burger and malted milkshake from Dairy Queen.

jviehe:

Today wasn't my free day but I didn't let that stop me! I've been so hungry for seafood for a few weeks. I've grilled shrimp and scallops but they just didn't fill that craving. This afternoon as Beast and I passed a fresh seafood market and smelled the goods! Went in and I had fried redfish, shrimp and scallops! By my figuring, I spent almost 16 points but I had them to spare, didn't overeat and I did NOT have any fries! This late in the 'week' it may cost me but I'll know why and it was worth it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom