First time to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigwaves

Reaction score
My buddy and I are 23 years old and planning on going to Cozumel for the first time in January. This will be my first dive trip and we are looking for cheap accomodations. We wouldn't mind an all-inclusive package. Are budget is at most around $800. Any suggestions?
We will need to rent equipment like BCD's, weights and regulators.

Plus, we are looking for good nightlife and entertainment as well as the diving. Can anyone help us?

bigwaves:
My buddy and I are 23 years old and planning on going to Cozumel for the first time in January. This will be my first dive trip and we are looking for cheap accomodations. We wouldn't mind an all-inclusive package. Are budget is at most around $800. Any suggestions?
We will need to rent equipment like BCD's, weights and regulators.

Plus, we are looking for good nightlife and entertainment as well as the diving. Can anyone help us?

You might consider moving up the Sea of Cortez a bit.......North to Puerto Penasco.... or for the gringos out there Rocky Point. It is still fairly small but has a number of dive operators and you and your partner can probably rent a pretty nice 2 bedroom place for a reasonable price.......the diving is pretty good but the water will probably require at least a 5 mil wetsuit that time of year. Check it out and maybe it will be for you.

Check out the Scuba Club or Caribe Blu. Both close to town. Basic accommodations. Scuba Club has an all-inclusive, except drinks and it is set up for divers. As for dive ops, I recommend Dive Paradise located across the street from the Cozumel Hotel. Depending on your length of stay, you might need more than $800 to cover cost of accommodations, food, rental equipment and night life. But it will be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom