First stages sold seperately.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukilaw1012

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm wondering if Mares sells or would sell first stages seperately? Currently I have a V16/Proton Metal and love the set up.........until I was told that the first stage is unusable. I don't know how what happened, but I was told that the balancing chamber portion had a very small crack. I'm a little confused on how that happened, I always properly take care of my gear and I definetly don't try to tear my gear apart selfishly.

If first stages are sold seperately that'll be great. As much as I like some of the newer Mares regs I don't want to spend the extra money on a completely new set up if I can get a first stage alone.

Lawrence

Check with ScubaToys.com. I don't know if they still have them, but I bought a V16 from them at one time....

Why not just replace the balancing chamber:confused:
Small part can't be that difficult to get.
Don't have the partlist on me at this moment,but I guesse Mares will drop in at any moment:D

Why not just replace the balancing chamber:confused:
Small part can't be that difficult to get.
Don't have the partlist on me at this moment,but I guesse Mares will drop in at any moment:D

Because the chamber is part of the first stage body. Believe me if it were a seperate part it would be done and I'll be happy, but it isn't.

Thanks

Sorry to disagree,the balancing chamber IS a replaceble part.
Situated under the HP popped spring.

Sorry to disagree,the balancing chamber IS a replaceble part.
Situated under the HP popped spring.

You are right. I'm going to tell these guys that this is a replaceable part. Which is even more confusing because these guys have been doing reg repair for a while and said this is not a replaceable part. Or perhaps that Mares doesn't produce the V-16 anymore that they are assuming that their is no more parts for that reg.

Thanks for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom