First Stage.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlackPatch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ladies and Gentlemen.

I am looking at moving from my Aqualung / US Divers Aquarius un balanced First Stage to a Balanced Diaphragm First Stage.

I understand there is a thread on here with a similar request, however, I am not looking at replacing my Second Stages as they are working perfectly.

Dive conditions:
I live in Alberta. I dive anywhere in the Temp range of 2 Deg C to 10 Deg C in Canada. Mostly Fresh Water Lakes.
I will be using this First Stage for travelling to Warmer Water Temps.

Current Dive Parameters;
I am using a single Tank with BP/W.
I dive Dry.
My Breathing rig is Hogarthian in concept.

Future Dive Parameters:
I am looking at moving to Doubles so I know I will require 2 First Stages. (I will have to change out my wing)
I have an instructor lined up to give me the correct instruction through the TDI Intro To Tech course.
Future diving courses will be in Cave diving as this is where my interests lie.

What I am looking for is real world experience fitted with a solid recommendation for First stages that fit my requirements of a Balanced Diaphragm First Stage rated for 2 Deg C Service.

What do you like? Why? Issues?

As the post above states I will be purchasing 2 First Stages because I will be progressing to Doubles in the future. Until then I will utilise the second First Stage on a 20 Litre Pony.

Thanks for your input, recommendations.

Regards

Pete.

Apeks (or HOG).
Which model of Apeks depends on how you want to route hoses....DS4 works for many people.
.....20 litre pony??????

Apeks (or HOG).
Which model of Apeks depends on how you want to route hoses....DS4 works for many people.
.....20 litre pony??????

Hmm little big eh?!
Typo.

19 CuFt. I was writing this whilst reading a sheet of work notes "Tank will hold 20ltrs"

Thanks for your input, recommendations.

Regards

Pete.

These kinds of questions invariably lead to people recommending what they own, which, although well meant and sincere, is not always helpful.

I think your basic reasoning is good. A balanced diaphragm 1st stage that's environmentally sealed is what you're looking for in really cold water. All of the "A" brand manufacturers will have regs that will do the job.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom