First stage for argon/drysuit gas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EliotD

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am adding a 13cuft tank to one of my rigs for dry suit gas, I was wondering what first stage people are using. I am looking for something small and reliable, whatever it is, it has to be DIN. Any thoughts? Also, any advice on mounting the bottle, I was going to put is between the wing and my back on the side opposite my canister light, but I am open to other ideas.

ForTheFight:
I am adding a 13cuft tank to one of my rigs for dry suit gas, I was wondering what first stage people are using. I am looking for something small and reliable, whatever it is, it has to be DIN. Any thoughts? Also, any advice on mounting the bottle, I was going to put is between the wing and my back on the side opposite my canister light, but I am open to other ideas.

Talk to Soggy. He had some 1st stages that are ideal for Argon; simple, reliable, good price.

ForTheFight:

Salvo Argon 1st stage and OPV valve for about $65
get the OPV valve.

Cheap enough so when it stops working you can throw it out.

I've been happy with the Zeagle RaZor first stage. It takes the place of the valve and regulator. Just add a button gauge (if desired) and OPV (required) and you'll have a very compact setup. I use the the Dive Rite argon bottle mount GM2779.

limeyx:
Salvo Argon 1st stage and OPV valve for about $65
get the OPV valve.

Cheap enough so when it stops working you can throw it out.

same one soggy sells.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom