Votes: 19 46.3%
  • DUI FLX Extreme

Votes: 4 9.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Santi E.lite+

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basically, it was told to me at various diving shows (last time at Boot in dusseldorf) that Santi has developed a methold that manage to glue each section with a lower temperature glue instead of the traditional high temperature one used in the textile industry.
It is a more expensive process but on paper it should be a more resistant one: in my experience, it is!
As far as I know no other brand is using the same method: rofos, ursuit, and as far as I know neither DUI does.
I think you were told a BS story by a santi sales person. The cheap method is to tape the seams... Santi does that too. Not sure why the temperature of the glue would matter.
The more expensive method is to seal the seams with stuff like aquasure like SF tech still does and other used to do.
When you say in your experience the seals are more restistant, what does that mean?

Well, dont see a reason to tell BS especially because they are really proud about that and it coule backfire on them if it is not true. But you may be right.
I had rofos and ursuit drysuits, and as of today, santi elite+ gave less problems over the long term. Both rofos and ursuit are excellent drysuits, but I ended up patching them more often than the santi.
I dont DUI, but everyone speaks very well about it, but the price tag the Flex and TLS can be a bit higher compared to Santi.

I think you were told a BS story by a santi sales person. The cheap method is to tape the seams... Santi does that too. Not sure why the temperature of the glue would matter.
The more expensive method is to seal the seams with stuff like aquasure like SF tech still does and other used to do.
When you say in your experience the seals are more restistant, what does that mean?

Well, dont see a reason to tell BS especially because they are really proud about that and it coule backfire on them if it is not true.
Sales people tell BS all day long, dude.
I had rofos and ursuit drysuits, and as of today, santi elite+ gave less problems over the long term. Both rofos and ursuit are excellent drysuits, but I ended up patching them more often than the santi.
That the first time I've heard that. Usually when I talk to people it's other way around although ursuit's quality also has gone down supposedly right before or after the company got sold. Every drysuit will start to leak sooner or later... sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. Spending an extra 1500 or 2000 or whatever grand extra on a suit because the glue was supposedly cold... I don't know.

Well, dont see a reason to tell BS especially because they are really proud about that and it coule backfire on them if it is not true. But you may be right.
I dont DUI, but everyone speaks very well about it, but the price tag the Flex and TLS can be a bit higher compared to Santi.

So you were patching your Rofos and Ursuit suits on the seams, and you think if they had glued like Santi then you would not have had to patch them?

How many dives on the suits you patched, and how many on your Santi?

I’m going to have to also agree on BS. I have done.. probably too much research on drysuits and have never heard of some cold gluing process? It’s not even in Sanyo’s marketing material, I feel like if they were proud of it, they would say it and explain it?

Im just sharing my personal experience; maybe I was not lucky with rofos and ursuit: I had to patch both on the seams over 3 years of use, while on my santi I never had to do it. as of price, rofos or ursuit is drysuits are not cheap anyway, so to come back at the original post, as I said, IF the price is not a concern, go for a santi…of course if someone wanna save 500 dollars/euro u wanna go for a different suit. Seaskin or Sf tec are good drysuits but I’ve never used them and I can compare

So you were patching your Rofos and Ursuit suits on the seams, and you think if they had glued like Santi then you would not have had to patch them?

How many dives on the suits you patched, and how many on your Santi?

I’m not voting, because I don’t have any experience whatsoever. I do have a Nova ordered. My advice: Do your homework. Talk to others outside of SB. Make a decision. Sleep on it for a week then reevaluate. But I think you’ll be happier if you get the one you want rather than the one your left brain tells you you should buy.

I first bought a trilam Waterproof DX7 Nylotech drysuit and I hated it ! Although it is a very nice product I hated it in the water. If there was no current it was ok, but as soon as I had to fin against the current the trilam drysuit had way too much drag for me. It is bulky, with 2 enormous pocket that I don't use. My legs were too weak for that. I replaced it with a crush neoprene one, a Scubapro Everdry 4 (4mm crushed neoprene). I like it much better, it is slim and it doesn't have the drag of a trilam. There is more than the choice of a brand : try to rent some and see what you like.

Back
Top Bottom