Votes: 19 46.3%
  • DUI FLX Extreme

Votes: 4 9.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Santi E.lite+

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That makes a lot of sense. I also see that their undergarments are also an awesome price, does anyone have and use those? I tend to be okay down to 55degrees in my 7mm, should I just get the 150 if I mostly dive in that range? Or is the 250 necessary?

Thank you! LOL trying to read through that thread is a pain since it’s so long 😂

Thank you! LOL trying to read through that thread is a pain since it’s so long 😂
I read every page before ordering mine last year. Lots of good info and opinions. I linked you to a page that has some relevant info on the undergarments from my perspective

I read every page before ordering mine last year. Lots of good info and opinions. I linked you to a page that has some relevant info on the undergarments from my perspective

I will probably slowly chip away at it in the next week or so. And yeah I saw! Thank you, that makes. A lot of sense.

for what it's worth, my wife and I have about 75ish dives on our Novas with no issues to report at all with either suit. We both love them, and the value is super. We're about to order 2 more with the exact same specs, to ensure we don't miss out on any of our local diving season. It would be disappointing to have to sit out of a planned weekend away due to drysuit repair times. I have no personal experience with any other brand of drysuit, but with their pricing, I can't see why I'd choose anything but Seaskin. It's basically 2 for 1.

That makes a lot of sense. I also see that their undergarments are also an awesome price, does anyone have and use those? I tend to be okay down to 55degrees in my 7mm, should I just get the 150 if I mostly dive in that range? Or is the 250 necessary?

That is a highly personal decision.

I have a Seaskin Nova and both the 150 and 250 gsm undersuits.

I did a weekend diving in Lake Erie a few years ago. I wore the 250 the first day. 3 dives in water that was around 44F. I was so warm that I decided to dive in the 150 the next day.

2 dives the next day in 44F water using the 150 and I was adequately warm. Obviously, not AS warm as the day before. But, warm enough I had no regrets diving in the 150.

But, I am generally warm-natured.

I have had my Nova since September, 2018, and it is still in great shape. But, I have only done 92 dives in it. I have 2 other drysuits and I dive wet whenever I can (which, being warm-natured, is most of the time).

If there is no money concerns, I would go for a santi: only suit in town (as far as I know) that use the cold gluing method for the different section instead of the traditional hot one. It makes a lot of difference: neither rofos nor DUI do it…

If there is no money concerns, I would go for a santi: only suit in town (as far as I know) that use the cold gluing method for the different section instead of the traditional hot one. It makes a lot of difference: neither rofos nor DUI do it…

I've never heard of cold gluing versus hot gluing. Can you elaborate on that or point me at some info that explains what the real differences are?

Basically, it was told to me at various diving shows (last time at Boot in dusseldorf) that Santi has developed a methold that manage to glue each section with a lower temperature glue instead of the traditional high temperature one used in the textile industry.
It is a more expensive process but on paper it should be a more resistant one: in my experience, it is!
As far as I know no other brand is using the same method: rofos, ursuit, and as far as I know neither DUI does.

I've never heard of cold gluing versus hot gluing. Can you elaborate on that or point me at some info that explains what the real differences are?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom