WP D7x vs D10 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I‘m planning on buying my first drysuit ever, I narrowed down my choice on these 2 relatively opposite suits (D7x and D10), and I was wondering if you would have some advice or testimonies regarding them.

Additionally, I’m not a chilly person, I can dive by 10°C with a 7mm wetsuit no hood, but it’s to get more comfy, also I’m wondering which undergarments to use depending on the suit and how much weight I should add ?

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

I have and actively use the WP Draco (predecessor of the D10) upgraded it with the si-tech seal system on the neck and wrists, so basically it's a D10 now.
It's a great suit, but it has it's drawbacks.
- back zippered (always need a buddy to get out)
- heavy, especially when wet
- takes a long time to dry
- small side pockets
- crushed neoprene still compresses a little bit, so loss of buoyancy when descending and vice versa (might be a no no if you consider tech diving)
+ virtually indestructible crushed neoprene (I think mines about 15 years old and still going strong)
+ the crushed neoprene gives some extra insulation

Regardless what suit you'll end up buying (D10 or D7x) get the ultima dry glove system with it. (you'll thank me later).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom