First regulator suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have a nice budget. As others have said you can't really go wrong with any if the big players, Scubapro, Aqualung, Apeks, Atomic or some of the smaller companies, DiveRite or Hog. FWIW I use Apeks FSR/XTX50s and DS4/ATX40s I like them. If I was in the market again and/or wanted a change I'd personally be looking at either the Atomic Z2 or HOG. Good luck with your shoping.

Pretty much any regulator your LDS will be happy to service for you. Pretty much any midrange reg will be fine.

For new divers, who is buying their first set of regulators, I still think having local support is vert important. New divers are new to diving, but also new to gears. When gears need adjustment, it is so much easier to be able to walk in a shop, have someone to talk to in person, demontrate the issue and have it corrected. Shipping out for services and adjustments are fine, but you are probably looking a week or two turn around time. Chances are they don't come back working properly, either due to some misunderstanding of the initial problems, or damage in shipping, or whatever.

So why not go check out what your LDSs offer, and let us know what choices do you have and we will chip in.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I found them very helpful, and I will be making my choice sometime in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom