First meeting: who can bring gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveO

Contributor
Reaction score
As you'll recall, our first meeting is coming up this Monday, 11/4/2002 (http://www.scubaboard.com/t16403/s.html). The meeting is an open discussion of gear.

That said, we'll need some gear to discuss! If you can make it, can we impose on you to bring your gear bag? If yes, please post here with the type of gear you can bring!

I can bring the following:

bp/harness/wing
doubles
DIR rigged regs for doubles
DIR rigged deco/stage bottle
canister light and backup lights
spool
reel
lift bag/SMB
drysuit & undergarment
fins with spring straps
wetnotes

computer and compass if necessary, but those are pretty standard

What else do we need other than a standard OW kit (Ranger or equivalent)? Maybe some regs setup as singles? A scooter?

I've decided to make the trek and be sociable :wink:

I'm willing to bring any of the stuff in my gearbag although I suspect most of it isn't terribly intersting -- o-ring knows what I have anyway. Possible candidates would be my light and that little black box.

Let me know,
Matt

Some drive, Matt, but glad you can make it! And thanks for the equipment offer.

BTW: DiverNVA will bring a back inflate BCD, and I'll bring a non-DIR regulator set with compass and computer. And a dolly to help O-Ring haul all his gear!

Its a Monday night, and I'm not exactly job-encumbered at the moment.

As long as the weather isn't bad, I don't mind.

Besides. I don't think I'm going to be in the area too much longer, may as well see all I can of scenic Tysons Corner :)

That is one sweet light and it will be good to show people the bad (my torpedo of a light) and the good (your light). That black box is pretty cool too...dmdalton has one also, but he can't make it. I'll try to carpool with Divernva so he can help me haul all my crap...

Thought I'd let you guys know that I'm not going to be able to make the meeting on Monday. (No light for you!)

An interview for a consulting job has come up in Pittsburgh. Could be a very nice thing -- think warmer climes for 3 months! Or I could afford a drysuit!

All pretty good I think!

Matt

Want me to give you my address so you can mail me your light? I think it would be good to show to people at the meeting. I can return it the next time I see you...or I could move out of town with it!

I would consider it, but I'm already in Pittsburgh. (left at 5am this morning) I was orginally planning on coming back on Sunday but now have the interview on Monday.

Have fun!! I almost pushed back the interview so I could go but... I loathe Pittsburgh so I don't think I could stomach coming back! (I'd be able to work remotely for this job... Imagine the possibilities!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom