First Dry Suit – what to keep on the table?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqualung fusion bullet (old whites) is what I dive. No issues and bullet proof.
If not I’d go for waterproof one.

well, if it's still on your radar, SANTI offers up to 3 (or 4 ... can't remember, definitely 3 at the least) modifications to a stock suit for FREE, turnaround (if needing modified/custom) has been less than 3 months...

_R

well, if it's still on your radar, SANTI offers up to 3 (or 4 ... can't remember, definitely 3 at the least) modifications to a stock suit for FREE, turnaround (if needing modified/custom) has been less than 3 months...

_R
Three months? You're using this as a selling point? Three weeks Would be good but three months I would cross that manufacturer off the list.

Three months? You're using this as a selling point? Three weeks Would be good but three months I would cross that manufacturer off the list.

Well if you don't need it made from scratch/modified, then take it right off the shelf like everywhere else?

I've unfortunately had to wait much, much longer from others listed in the replies above for things that should have been 'on the shelf'

_R

Delivery time for an emotion+ with 4 modifications was 6 weeks (including christmas holidays in Poland).
Santi standard sizing is somewhat tricky for tall persons.

Last edited:
Santi's quality has slipped, so they're out

I don't buy that, and locally the trend\feeling seems to be quite the opposite. I have a new e.Lite+ and would say the quality, fit and value is far superior to Waterproof, 4FE and ScubaPro.

Took 3 weeks and 2 days from ordering to it's maiden dive!

I don't buy that, and locally the trend\feeling seems to be quite the opposite. I have a new e.Lite+ and would say the quality, fit and value is far superior to Waterproof, 4FE and ScubaPro.

in the US, our experience has been otherwise, though that may have changed in the last year or so. I haven't seen a new one recently

in the US, our experience has been otherwise, though that may have changed in the last year or so. I haven't seen a new one recently

What is the quality issue with Santi you are repeatedly referring to? I would like to check my fairly new suit for those possible issues.

What is the quality issue with Santi you are repeatedly referring to? I would like to check my fairly new suit for those possible issues.

It is/was mainly seam problems which is just poor quality control. Wasn't universal, but was prevalent enough that if I'm shelling out top dollar for a drysuit, I don't expect any issues with it. The suits here are $2500-$3k, so for me to spend 1.5-2x what I'm going to pay for USIA, Pinnacle, Rofos, O3, Otter, etc. I expect absolute perfection to warrant that premium.
You'll know really fast if there are any problems since it will leak. Again, not a universal problem, I have buddies that have them that love them, but it is risk:reward. If I'm paying $1200 for a suit and it has a couple small leaks that I have to aquaseal, then whatever it's a cheap suit and I can deal with it. If I'm paying literally top dollar for a suit, it shouldn't have those issues and if it does, I'll be pissed, and rightly so

Mine is bone dry for the time being. Looks extremely high quality for my amateur eye. For myself Santi fit (with modifications) was not perfect. I am 6' 3" and had to order the suit with extra long sleeves. Didn't end up perfect :(
I am contemplating buying a "secondary" drysuit before I send Santi for modifications.
Possibly a Rofos as that seems to have premium quality (I haven't read/heard ANY negative comments) and nice fit for most divers with a reasonable price tag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom