First Dive Computer **Advise needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If not then i fall on the Aqualung i300c or the Mares Puck

My wife and I are new divers. I ended up buying an aqualung i300c which I have very much enjoyed. My LDS had suggested getting a different computer that I could grow into but I wanted to save some money to put towards tanks. I chose the i300c based on the many suggestions here. It is simple, easy to read, and easy to navigate. The Bluetooth integration is nice for easy downloading of dives.

We bought a new in box oceanic OCi for my wife from a scubaboard member for cheaper than a new i300c. This computer is a watch style and has AI. The truth is my wife prefers my i300c. I have used the OCi and I too also prefer the i300c. I should note we do not have a transmitter, so we are not using AI. The i300c is just easier to navigate and is easier to read.

I am sure there will be a time in the future when I and maybe even my wife will want something like the perdix AI. Until then, the simplicity of something like the i300c is perfect for our diving needs. When we do upgrade, I am sure the simpler computer will work perfectly as a backup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom