First Boat Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you, tddfleming!

One thing about back roll entries (even if this isn't relevant to the trip you're doing): A back roll is simply a gentle fall backwards. If you hurl yourself backwards, you'll actually somersault, and your head will come up under the hull. You can get badly banged doing that. Unfortunately, I know.

Thank you, tddfleming!

One thing about back roll entries (even if this isn't relevant to the trip you're doing): A back roll is simply a gentle fall backwards. If you hurl yourself backwards, you'll actually somersault, and your head will come up under the hull. You can get badly banged doing that. Unfortunately, I know.

Is there anything you haven't had the opportunity of learning first hand? :wink:

Is there anything you haven't had the opportunity of learning first hand? :wink:

That's what I like about reading her posts, it is all first hand experience.

If it is Olympus, a back roll is out of the question. Boat is too high out of the water. Plus a stride will allow you to reach for the down line. If current is even flowing a little, by the time you get your bearings straight from a back roll you will be swept past the boat.
The Indra while is considered in shore is still open to big seas, last time I went with my wife & Drewski we had an easy 4-6fters with a driving rain & the op still went.
If you aren't sure about seasickness take the meds, I work on a boat out of V.B. & Hatteras & see plenty of divers who swear to not get seasick only to be turning green & puking, even under fairly calm (for the Mid Atlantic) conditions.

Thanks Rad! I will take your advise. I find it strange what makes some of us nervous. Me, after the safty thing, it then becomes the puking thing. For two reasons, worried that I will become sick because of the boat or become sick because others around me are puking. Either way, in my eyes, it is not good.

Let Andy know, I am still waiting for him, I know he is busy with work. And I promise not to show him up with my awsome headstand in the water:shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom