First Bag Drag Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fin59

Contributor
Reaction score
Physically: Arkansas Mentally: Cozumel :)
# of dives
500 - 999
After 30+ flights to Cozumel we are doing our first bag drag. Incoming seems easy enough, no questions there.
Our return flight is a 6:45 am flight from Cancun so we plan on going over the day before and spending the night and we'll be taking the ADO bus from Playa.
Do we get off the bus at the main bus terminal and stay near there? Looks like several hotels within walking distance.
Any idea how long the taxi ride takes to the airport the next morning?
We could stay at the Comfort Inn or Marriott which are closer to the airport, but wasn't sure if there was a stop to get off the bus near them or if we needed a taxi.
We have a few extra days this trip so don't mind trying this. Should be interesting for sure :)

After 30+ flights to Cozumel we are doing our first bag drag. Incoming seems easy enough, no questions there.
Our return flight is a 6:45 am flight from Cancun so we plan on going over the day before and spending the night and we'll be taking the ADO bus from Playa.
Do we get off the bus at the main bus terminal and stay near there? Looks like several hotels within walking distance.
Any idea how long the taxi ride takes to the airport the next morning?
We could stay at the Comfort Inn or Marriott which are closer to the airport, but wasn't sure if there was a stop to get off the bus near them or if we needed a taxi.
We have a few extra days this trip so don't mind trying this. Should be interesting for sure :)
I'll gladly get up at 3AM to go to Cozumel, but doing it to leave sounds like torture to me! :D

I'll gladly get up at 3AM to go to Cozumel, but doing it to leave sounds like torture to me! :D

Leaving the day before so not a problem. For whatever reason, United has changed our usual CZM departure flight time until after 4pm so we wouldn't get home until after 9:30 that night. This way we are back by 1:30 in the afternoon.
We go often enough I don't mind giving this a try. Also, booked first class round trip for over $200 less than economy going to Cozumel this time. Looking forward to it for a change and we'll know then if we want to do it again.

Also, booked first class round trip for over $200 less than economy going to Cozumel this time.

Wow that much savings even in first class vs economy from CZM. It's crazy how much flight prices jumped this year to CZM.

For 6:45am departure you'd want to be there by 5am and no later than 5:30am. They will strictly cut you off 60 minutes before departure at baggage checkin. ADO shows a 3:00am and 3:10am run from PDC. With a minimum 1 hour travel, their 4:30am won't likely cut it so you need to be on one of the first two. That time of morning, the only savings a taxi gets you is going direct to your terminal versus the bus going to 1, 2, and 3. How many in your party? Might be best to arrange a private shuttle.

You might consider taking ADO into Cancun the night before and staying at a hotel near the bus station downtown then take bus or taxi to airport. That gets you a lot closer and you can leave your hotel about 5am.

We stayed here Courtyard Cancun Airport a few years ago when we flew into Cancun to swim with the whale sharks before leaving the next day for Coz. It was a pleasant stay. They have an airport shuttle which we took upon arrival. You could always taxi over if shuttle times don't work out since it's only 3 miles away.

Our return flight is a 6:45 am flight from Cancun
I am with Gordon on this one. Catching a predawn flight an hour from home going to Coz is acceptable enough, I can't sleep well the night before a trip anyway, but returning that early sucks. There is an old saying among farm boys about how much it sucks, but not suitable for polite discussion. :rolleyes:

I'm not certain, but since no one else has answered - I'll say no, I don't think so. Ado schedules are online. I think you'd have to go to the airport, then taxis to & from hotel.

United has changed our usual CZM departure flight time until after 4pm so we wouldn't get home until after 9:30 that night.
:cowboy: So? I am so used to getting home after midnight on any trip that I expect it now. Cancun seems to be so much cheaper tho, even for me nowadays. Nice find on the FC seats. Free bag check too! :thumb:

For 6:45am departure you'd want to be there by 5am and no later than 5:30am. They will strictly cut you off 60 minutes before departure at baggage checkin. ADO shows a 3:00am and 3:10am run from PDC. With a minimum 1 hour travel
I'd feel nervous about 5:30am.

You might consider taking ADO into Cancun the night before and staying at a hotel near the bus station downtown then take bus or taxi to airport. That gets you a lot closer and you can leave your hotel about 5am.
He mentioned that, but I'd want to be at the airport by 5am. Cab fares will vary by driver, and I'd plan on catching the bus.

As much luggage as I drag around tho, I don't think I'd want to hump it all (1) to the PDC bus, (2) to the hotel, (3) back from the hotel to the bus. I think I'd rather (1) take it from the ferry dock to a PDC hotel, then (2) to the bus - but I guess that's not that big a difference. :oops:

My plan would be ferry over the night before like you planned, ado bus to airport, complimentary shuttle to hotel (shuttle should be located across the sidewalk from where your ado bus drops you off at terminal 3), then complimentary shuttle back over to airport the next morning.

Oh and do yourself a favor when you get to playa side of the ferry on the way home and get one of those tricycle guys to wheel your luggage up to the bus station as others have mentioned on here. I didn't mind rolling my luggage downhill to the ferry on arrival. But going home and back up the hill...worth triple what they charged me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom