Fins with softer foot pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
D

Dyve4fun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm trying to find a fin similar to the Deep Six Eddy, but with a softer foot pocket. The Eddy pocket fits my foot shape perfectly (high arch), but the hard plastic is unforgiving. Suggestions are much appreciated!

The new Fourth Element Tech fins have softer rubber foot pockets.
thanks for the info - what size do you have, and can you tell me the dimensions of the pocket (height and width of opening, and length of pocket at top?

Where are you feeling pain/discomfort? The very top of the foot (saddle bone deformity)? What boots are you using?
I had the tarsal boss shaved down and damaged tendon and surrounding tissue removed from the top of my foot. I'm cleared to dive again, but want to avoid reinjuring the area (top of foot). I've tried many different combinations of fin & bootie, and have had the most success with Scuba Pro Delta 5mil and the Eddy Fins, with xs scuba beefy socks

I had the tarsal boss shaved down and damaged tendon and surrounding tissue removed from the top of my foot. I'm cleared to dive again, but want to avoid reinjuring the area (top of foot). I've tried many different combinations of fin & bootie, and have had the most success with Scuba Pro Delta 5mil and the Eddy Fins, with xs scuba beefy socks
There’s also the options of cutting out a “V” on the top of the foot pocket or boiling them and bending to shape. You might also be better off with a Fourth Element boot, but YMMV. I too have difficulty with that area of the pocket, but only after 4 or so hours

thanks for the info - what size do you have, and can you tell me the dimensions of the pocket (height and width of opening, and length of pocket at top?
I don't have them yet but they are on my radar as my possible drysuit fins. They seem to be the classic shape that's good for frog kicking, they have the softer foot pocket, slightly negative, and a medium/heavy stiffness.

I don't have them yet but they are on my radar as my possible drysuit fins. They seem to be the classic shape that's good for frog kicking, they have the softer foot pocket, slightly negative, and a medium/heavy stiffness.
I ordered the Fourth Element Tech fins in both M and L to use with either my size 7 Scuba Pro Delta 5 or size 7 Mares TriBoot 5. I couldn't fit either of my booties in the size L, the pocket was way too shallow for high arch. The M pocket was really small, even with aqua shoes. The springs were really short and stiff. The top of the foot pocket was only soft for a couple of inches, there was a definite ridge between the soft rubber and the hard rubber (see discoloration on photo). Unfortunately I will have to return both pairs, paying return shipping cost. Expensive way to try on fins.e
fourth element fins2.jpg

That is incredibly frustrating. I have a similar challenge, not with arch, but I have EEE wide feet. I've probably sent back 3 pairs of rock boots in the last few years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom