Fourth Element Tech Fins review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a pair of Fourth Element Tech Fins. My preferred fins for the longest time have been Apeks RK3s and OMS Slipstreams. I want to make a comprehensive review soon and want to ask what are the typical characteristics of a good review you would want me to write about?

Thanks and hoping to make the full review soon.

Dry weight and buoyancy (submerged weight); a luggage scale comes in handy for these. Effectiveness of various kicks (frog, modified flutter, back) relative to your other fins. Looking forward to your review!

I'd like to read the review myself. They seem like a good compromise between being semi stiff, slightly negative in the water, tech style for more confined space, while also being not too heavy for travel.

Looks similar to an RK3 HD fin in style, stiffness and size and slight negative buoyancy. But it appears to be about a pound per fin lighter for travel. Looks like it has a very small vent at the front of the foot pocket to prevent suction when removing the fin but still retaining most of the structure. The top of the foot pocket is supposedly made of a more pliable rubber to better conform around the top of the boots.

Any update?
I finished a rescue diver course and realized my 2009 Avanti Quattros are starting to twist a bit. These will probably be my next fin. The fourth element mask is the same mold as my Mares liquid essence mask. I will be picking up a fourth element mask as I love my liquid essence by Mares.
The Rec fins I believe are molded by the Avanti Quattro.
I guess if I don't hear anything after awhile I will comment on them.

Are they negatively buoyant in salt water or neutral? I'd be interested in the review as well. I haven't seen many organic reviews.

Well, I just ordered a pair today. I will make sure I post up what I think. They are probably still on back order. I did recieve my "Scout" clear mask today from Fouthelement and it is pretty identical to my Mares liquid essence which I love. I got the new single strap to try out also

Happy Thanksgiving all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom