Fins Recommendation: Cressi Reaction or Mares Avanti Quattro+?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am currently using the classic Cressi Frog given by my brother but it is getting worn out. I felt this belong to the stiff and heavy paddle fin category

Thinking of getting a new one. Would prefer something lighter for traveling, more flexible, uses better materials, spring straps for easy buckle but still have all rounder ability :). Not keen on splits after reading on the limitations.

After reading reviews, have shortlisted to either Cressi Reaction or Mares Avanti Quattro+. Also interested in Aqualung X Shot, but think the price is higher.

Mainly for recreational diving use in warm waters..

I have both Mares Plana Avanti and Cressi Reaction Pro. The Mares fins are pretty old but I use them all the time. I fitted spring straps to them. I bought the Cressi fins mainly to travel with as they are light and are full foot so I don't have to take booties with me (they are also the last thing to dry out before flying home!!) Trouble is the Cressi fins are longer and it is a bit of a struggle to pack them in my lightweight case. Also in the water they have quite a soft action and are not as easy to frog kick as the Mares Avanti. I am actually thinking of getting a pair of Mares Avanti Quattro+ myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom