Fins Recommendation: Cressi Reaction or Mares Avanti Quattro+?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xatomic

New
Reaction score
I am currently using the classic Cressi Frog given by my brother but it is getting worn out. I felt this belong to the stiff and heavy paddle fin category

Thinking of getting a new one. Would prefer something lighter for traveling, more flexible, uses better materials, spring straps for easy buckle but still have all rounder ability :). Not keen on splits after reading on the limitations.

After reading reviews, have shortlisted to either Cressi Reaction or Mares Avanti Quattro+. Also interested in Aqualung X Shot, but think the price is higher.

Mainly for recreational diving use in warm waters..

I think it is worth something that famous tech divers use jet fins and Quattros, and seemingly little else.

I used to love my Quattros, but somewhere along the way my ankles got weak or something because now I cannot use them on the surface at all, so I am using X-Streams or full-on freediving fins.

Not listed but IMO a very versatile fin fit for most applications and kicking styles. Scubapro JetSport

Not listed but IMO a very versatile fin fit for most applications and kicking styles. Scubapro JetSport

I will second that one as well, That is an amazing wide capability fin. I gave a couple pairs as backups, and for when I am at an S/P only shop.

I've got 2 pairs of Quattros and I have nothing bad to say about them. I read somewhere that the new + version is a bit more flexible than the old version, but I haven't really noticed a difference.

Switched to Cressi Reactions six years ago and never looked back. Recreational diving plus spearfishing in gulf coast and keys waters. My husband has never used anything but the Cressi Reactions.

Thanks. Will consider the Jet Sport as well....as it seems cheaper now probably coz it is older model?

It's just a basic design so it is cheaper. I'm pretty sure it was cheap even when it first came out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom