Question Fins for sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am using RK3 atm and really float my legs up while diving single bm. Looking for stiffer fins while neutral or slightly negative.
You already have neutral to slightly negative with the RK3s. I think you should try them first, as none of the ones in your list will have appreciably different buoyancy. There's also the impact of cylinder choice and lead placement to consider. You can get stiffer fins after you've worked out what buoyancy works with your other equipment choices.

Depends on the size of your fin. RK3s look great only on little feet. The truth is you can use any fin for any configuration. Kicking preferences could be compromised though.

Whatchu talkin bout willis?

Versatile divers (tech or rec) can use any fin for any configuration. Beats aborting a dive if your fins are somewhere in transit.

I mean yea you CAN use any fin..but why would you? There are different fins for a variety of applications…I’ve got some I use with my wetsuit and some I use with my drysuit.

Beats aborting a dive if your fins are somewhere in transit.

Yeah, like when your fins are too big to fit in your luggage and you have them shipped on an 18 wheeler?

My observations when starting out was that matching fin buoyancy to my body and rig's trim needs was critical to maintaining proper trim. With experience and training I found that I could dive in good trim regardless of what find I had on. However, perfect trim still requires excellent weight distribution, and that is very personal. Enough sleuthing will reveal the buoyancy of many fins. If you need a more negative fin the Eddy's are out. RK3 HD's, Hollis F2 LT's, and Dive Rite XT's are all options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom