Question Fins for sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wetsuit_

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be learning to dive sidemount soon. Looking for fin recommendations, so far I am eyeing on the followings:
Deep 6 Eddy
OMS Slipstream
Dive Rite XT

Diving in a 7mm wetsuit, based in Australia, Deep 6 Eddy seems nice but hard to get.

Any fins you usually use are good enough, the main kick you need to do is frog kick and that's about it. There are no special fins.

I use GoSports, and I used some cheap rubber jet fin copies in the past, and now I'm on to xDeep EX1 Hard fins. So any fin that is a good fit for you is going to be good.

A neutral buoyancy fin would likely work well. (You don't need to offset manifold/valve/regulator mass up high or air-filled, drysuit feet.)

I love the Eddys. You might also add RK3s to the potentials list.

What are you using now? Why do you think you need to switch?

Depends on what type of diving you will be doing. I love my Scubapro Seawing Nova Gorilla, but I wouldn't want them for cave diving.

I use RK3 HD’s in my Drysuit. Going to try the deep 6’s soon as well. Does your instructor have a few different kind you can try?

This is my new "sidemount" fin. 😂
xDeep EX1 Hard.

Slightly negative and pretty stiff.

Try as much as you different fins you can. And find what you fit the most.

Attachments

• PXL_20221222_192418131.jpg
    PXL_20221222_192418131.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 85
I use the Sherwood Elites or OMS Slipstream in my wetsuit im starting to use the Slipstream more often now and Scuba Pro Seawing Nova in my drysuit.

A neutral buoyancy fin would likely work well. (You don't need to offset manifold/valve/regulator mass up high or air-filled, drysuit feet.)

I love the Eddys. You might also add RK3s to the potentials list.

What are you using now? Why do you think you need to switch?
I am using RK3 atm and really float my legs up while diving single bm. Looking for stiffer fins while neutral or slightly negative.

I will be learning to dive sidemount soon. Looking for fin recommendations, so far I am eyeing on the followings:
Deep 6 Eddy
OMS Slipstream
Dive Rite XT

Diving in a 7mm wetsuit, based in Australia, Deep 6 Eddy seems nice but hard to get.
Eddy is good, slipstream is better.

Deep 6 Eddy
OMS Slipstream
Dive Rite XT

If you were in the US, I'd say get the Deep 6 Eddy. The OMS slipstream is a close second, so I'd suggest going with that as it is easier to get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom