Fins for currents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i will also recommend the quatro if not the jet fins. i have used mine since 2005 and never regretted it. you can leave your buddy in the dust very easily. btw i got them because my split fins were not hacking it in current. Whether or not the proponents of split fins agree with the split / no split fin and current issue ,. the bottom line is that they are not working for you.

It's funny, but I have over 4,000 miles in the seat of a canoe that helps me with this skill. Cave diving honed it even further, but it's not hard for anyone without these experiences to understand the concepts of currents, chutes and eddies. After you get your mind around the concept, it's just not that hard to identify the structures that provide and/or alter them to your advantage. If you are sweating underwater from working too hard, chances are you're doing it wrong. :D :D :D

The next time I get a really spanking fast current day in Palm beach, I will try to get video of a local that does this well, and have them run along the bottom, do eddy out moves behind structures, and do traverses....it could be a fun video for people to use to make this whole transition really easy....going from still water dive sites, to big current ones. We could also show how we would go up-current, as if we had to reach an anchor ( even though no self-respecting Palm Beach divers would ever consider using a boat that does anchor diving in a big current ( i.e., "Strokery" :) )

the video would be a great project and hte learning value the same. At least for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom