Finally getting off my butt and chasing my dreams....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats. I hope to finish with my DMC by that same weekend and I just started two years ahead of you. Trying to dive as often as possible to make up for lost time!!!

dcs917:
Welcome to the board. I finally bit the bullet and completed my DM last year at 49. Very challenging, but lots of fun.

I still wonder what I am going to do when I grow up.

Dive Safe.

Now , THAT's what I like to hear (Read). I am 43 and just getting ready to begin DM. At times I wonder if I'm crazy or what....Shouldn't I just be happy diving and let this DM stuff to the youngsters??? (not to mention keep going to, hopefully, becoming an instructor at some age in the future?):11:

Anyway, good luck and wish me luck!:D

welcome and great going!

my hubby learnt to swim in his late 30's so he could take up diving (something he always wanted to do) and he is an instructor now (46yr old)

the thing about diving is that you can choose to keep learning and be active (hubby is a new rebreather diver) while having fun

cheers

Welcome! It hit me in the face like a Mack truck travelling at 100 mph..
I am 39 and certified last year to AdvOW and now I am making it my life by moving country, working on a boat in exchange for instruction to OWSI level or higher and looking forward to instructing as soon as I can!!

FINALLY!! Now I'm official. AOW and Nitrox will be the next steps toward DM. Hopefully by this time next year I'll be celebrating DM Cert then who knows??

I got certified at 18-years-old and again at 43-years-old...just a week ago.
14-year-old son just got cert'ed a week ago wth me.
70-year-old dad is getting his cert later this month...gonna be a cool dive photo when I get get all three of us underwater together...

Finally completed my OW last Sunday! Look out next is AOW, Rescue, DM, working my way to DM. My hope is to be able to ultimately buy a shop somewhere in Florida and become immersed in the new lifestyle sometime in the next couple of years.

Thanks to everyone on SB ALL of your posts have been very educational and insightful. I hope to swee you under the water soon!

Dive Safe and Dive Happy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom