Finally dove my Oxycheq setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan once bubbled...
For Tiger Woods.
Move over George for the world's most famous cave diver!

Roak

gbrandon once bubbled...
does things the hard way too. What was the purpose again of mounting the starter selonoid on the firewall?
Because they knew you'd be changing it nearly as often as the oil.
Easy access.

Ooooops, I guess it is over, cause they leak. Hhhahhahahahhaha!

Long live Oxycheq!!!!

All the little halcyon drones think by continuing to post separate threads trying to wanna-be dir to all the newbies is gonna help their cause, what a joke.

Many dealers are dumping are picking up the Oxycheq wings and plates, hahahha. This is great.

I made the 14 hour drive from Columbus, OH to Panama City Beach, FL this past weekend to teach a PSI Visual Cylinder Inspector Course.

During the weekend, I was able to sneak in a couple really good dives in the Gulf.

This was the first time I had a chance to dive my OxyCheq 45# Single Wing. I can now confidently say that this wing is the best I have ever dove. I have used all major brands including D/R, OMS, SP, etc.

The first dive was to STAGE 1. Max depth 106 FSW, BT 37 min.
We were hunting lobster and spearfishing for dinner. I tried to get the wing to trap air or become unbalanced while standing on my head, doing barrel rolls, ducking under beams, etc. Nothing doing.

Second dive was to Bridge Span 2. Max depth 69 FSW, BT 47 Min.

No lobster, but one flounder and five spanish mackerel were taken by the dive buddy spearing.

Again, while making the acsent on the second dive, I tried to get the wing to trap air. Again, no luck. OxyCheq has designed a solid product that has my vote. Now comes the 50# doubles wing tryout this weekend.

C_C

Doesn't surprise me, it's awesome isn't it! YAH BABY YAH!

As somebody already said in similar post - "Deja vue" :)

That thing is GREAT!!!

I got the complete set from Oxycheq (30# wing, STA, BP, harness etc.) Ordered it on friday, and recieved it on monday - that was fast :) Before that I exchanged several emails and talked on the phone with Patrick - he was very helpful. It took me a couple of days to adjust it (thanks to the board and a couple of websites) and it turned out to be quite easy.
Anyway, as a person who never dived (dove) BP/wing or even just a back inflate BC, I was a little bit worried about "face down effect" and of course - the croch strap..... but after I tried it - all I can say is Wow!!!:D What a feeling! No face down, the croch strap (and the rest of BC) felt like it didn't even exist and..... or well, I think you heard that before :D

So, thanks guys and gals for introducing me to "BP/Wing Club"

khel

welcome .... isn't life great :)

Wow!!!

Can't believe I zipped through all those posts.
From all my reading, I have concluded that both
Halcyon and Oxy have loyal followings.

It appears that the Halcyon is a time tested product, but
it does appear to have some problems with
leaks and more importantly, customer service.

Oxy is the new kid on the block and is still trying
to prove itself over time. Initial results seem good.

As someone who is still renting his bc (or bp/wings). <I have
used them both>, I do favor the bp/wing setup over
the back inflate bc. But who should I choose: a company
with possible manufacturing problems and iffy customer service or
a company new on the block. Both have extremely
loyal users who appear very happy with the products when
they dont leak. Tough decision.

Wouldnt it be nice if there wings out their with a lifetime
warranty to the original owner (like the Zeagle company
offers). Just a thought and my two cents from a new and probably naive diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom