Finally dove my Oxycheq setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Gibson once bubbled...
Not the only ones, but some of the top people in GUE. You make it sound like if you dive SP you are no longer DIR. I would like someone to say that directly to the GUE cave training director. BTW, he is a SP rep. There are many regs that are acceptable.

If I believed they were junk I'd tell him. Directly to his face if he was in front of me. I don't have a problem telling anybody anything I believe in. And is it a suprise to anybody that a SP rep would use SP regs? Vested interest...

And Like I said. I dive my ScubaPro's all the time. Just not whats prefered for my backgas.

George said the stuff about throwing away SP regs. From everything I have read, George throws away any reg before he will overhaul them. Although I seriously doubt that statement should be taken too seriously.

Yea, I'm not saying he isn't an ass at times. But he's a hell of a diver. I know others that are the same. And aren't DIR at all.

I have actually found that the Apeks DS4s are not the best selection for hose routing on doubles unless you angle them slightly. I was trapping air because the wing was pinched by the backup reg. David Rhea suggested I angle the DS4s slightly, the problem was solved. His MK25/S600 regs and a buddy's Atomics never caused the wing to be pinched. This is while using 104s and a 55# wing.

Try the TX100. Hoses run sweet... But I use DS4's also... Depending on what rig I put on...

I do like the way the Apeks routes on a stage.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Reason I like ScubaPros for the Stage is that you have a better chance of a Piston working if you have to remove it and put it on another tank under water. Not a guarantee but a better chance.

Remember. DIR is that you and your buddy dive the same gear. That way if you have a problem. He can help you and you can help him. If you don't know his gear well. Your not much help.

If your on the beach and your 1st blows a hose. Nice if a buddy has one if you don't. Second stage starts acting funny. If you don't have one your buddy does. If he has Atomic and you have Apeks. Not really optimum.

And no, all my buddies don't use ScubaPro or Apeks or Atomic. But they don't cave. And I don't call them strokes either...

And I've had problems with Oxycheq that makes me not want to deal with him too. And I was at Our World Underwater in Chicago too. And yep, he was talking alot of smack. But, he's selling them. I kinda expect it and put on my waders. I hope he makes a great wing. But it's just a wing.

OH, been to the Indy 500. I've been around 14 times. Friend lives outside of Indy now and I stay with him now. Heck of a party... They old day's were wilder though. The infield has calmed down alot. He always gets free tickets now... Usually to the Brickyard too....

Mverick once bubbled...

And I've had problems with Oxycheq that makes me not want to deal with him too. And I was at Our World Underwater in Chicago too. And yep, he was talking alot of smack. But, he's selling them. I kinda expect it and put on my waders. I hope he makes a great wing. But it's just a wing.

What did Patrick do to you? He is always cool when I talk to him, I don't believe what your saying.

Prior to the show I never had a problem.

I went to look at an O2 analyzer. No problem. Then he started in on his other products. No problem either although I never asked about them.

He then wanted to show me his wing. I listened and he asked what I used. He then said in front of several people I was with that were looking to purchase Halcyon gear from the shop I use, it is crap (but a bit more descriptive). He repeated this several times for several products including the Helios 9. Apparently he prefers that rediculous lighting system he is pushing. Have you seen that line?

One thing that really struck me as incorrect was his pushing ABS molded spools as being better than Delrin that is turned. No way is the molded spool stronger. I also believe the Delrin will hold up better. The bigger finger hole is a non issue with me since you don't want to put you finger in the hole and get it stuck while shooting a bag.

Overall he acted like someone that couldn't sell his products on their positive merits. I don't care for that type of sales tactic and I don't think most people do either. Basically he shot down my opinion of his reputation in a 10 minute period.

Jackknife once bubbled...

What did Patrick do to you? He is always cool when I talk to him, I don't believe what your saying.

Jackknife once bubbled...

Well for one thing. I could really care less if you believe me.

And for another. On the one thing I bought from him. He didn't back up.

I bought 2 O2 analyzers from him. On had a bad display. He told me for $15 plus shipping he'd send me another one.

Gee, Thanks.... I bought it where he does. For $10. And got one of those junky meters he sells for free.

If I broke it. I would understand having to buy another. I didn't. It was bad from the get go. So if he's so good at backing his stuff up why didn't he send another display for free to replace the bad one????

Now, he's selling $1400 computers that I'd like to have. But if it craps out I don't want to argue about the $1400. It's easier not to buy it.

It's kinda hard to screw up making a wing though. They ain't rocket science.

If he makes the wing as good or better then a Halcyon AND cheaper. Great. But it doesn't need to be able to deflect a 50BMG round. Just stop things like sticks.

But you all are talking more smack about his wing then you say Halcyon does about theres.

Dude, it's just a wing. And so is the Halcyon.

No rods in the single means he's limiting his market. The Pioneer will use a STA or not. His doesn't have that option.

You might not like diving without the STA. I do. As do others. He's limiting his market.

For Duals I use a OMS. That never had bunjees and never will. That's how it came. It was a good price. But I don't like the corrogated hose in the side. Rather have it in the dead center of the horseshoe like Oxycheq and Halcyon. Other then that. I'd have no problem with it.

And yes. At the show all he could talk about was how he only carried the BEST gear. Because he wasn't set up to be able financially to handle returns. So if it had problems he wouldn't carry it. All the while I'm remembering," this is the guy who hit me up for another $18 for a part he sent me that was bad to start with".

Yea, I'll buy a $1400 computer from you. You just told me you weren't financially able to handle returns...

And I don't want Molded high dollar spools. That's stupid. If they are molded they shouldn't be any more then $5. And thats high.

Milled Delrin has alot more machine time in it. That's why they cost more. They are also tougher then Molded ABS.

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
Oh I'm not too worried. I've seen the quality of Koplin's products and I have no doubt that Patrick's are any differant. Buyers are already reporting the Oxy's to sport better materials including stitching and nylon shells.

Yea, and with you making statements like this. Who'd believe you...

The wings have been out a total of 1 week?

So I guess the best of the best have used them... Really tested them out.

In one week you won't know jack...

But then again. You're trying to sell you springstraps to people also. Just another salesman...

Mverick once bubbled...

That makes you one *alleged* person that I am aware of who is in any way unsatisfied with the service or parts received from OxyCheq. I been through them all, and Patrick stands out from the crowd as an honest man.

I bought 2 O2 analyzers from him. On had a bad display. He told me for $15 plus shipping he'd send me another one.

Why was the display bad? Did you bake it with a soldering iron?

Gee, Thanks.... I bought it where he does. For $10. And got one of those junky meters he sells for free.

If I broke it. I would understand having to buy another. I didn't. It was bad from the get go. So if he's so good at backing his stuff up why didn't he send another display for free to replace the bad one????

Again, you are the only person I have ever heard from that had anything but good relations and vibes from Patrick.

Now, he's selling $1400 computers that I'd like to have. But if it craps out I don't want to argue about the $1400. It's easier not to buy it.

Then don’t buy one; no one has a gun in your ear.

You want to get pissy over a miserable $15 display that you probably baked with a soldering iron; Patrick is probably better off not having you for a customer.

Which is why you are building one, right?

No they sure aren’t, but there are a good number of improvements that were made after not only selling and diving the others, but also having enough time in them to identify the shortcomings.

How much time have you got in the gear you are attacking?

ZERO.

If he makes the wing as good or better then a Halcyon AND cheaper. Great. But it doesn't need to be able to deflect a 50BMG round. Just stop things like sticks.

Hyperbole. No one is making anything to stop .50 BMG rounds; we are just making a product that is more reliable, and better thought out.

But you all are talking more smack about his wing then you say Halcyon does about theres.

Opinion, and you have no experience with OxyCheq to back your assertions. Have you dove an OxyCheq wing?
No, you haven’t, so what do you have to say about anything?

And the OxyCheq wing is a better mousetrap. If you had actually dove one, you would know; but since you haven’t, you don’t. You have an agenda and you are using it as a podium to slam something you know nothing about, which reflects on you, not Patrick or OxyCheq.

No rods in the single means he's limiting his market. The Pioneer will use a STA or not. His doesn't have that option.

This is such old, tired bull**** that it isn’t even funny. The Halcyon wing with the rods (I did the Patent drawings for that system) is nothing more or less than a way to reduce costs and increase profits. PERIOD. They spent the first years hanging a bull**** anodized aluminum channel iron, herky chunk of **** on everyone, that several people, including myself, made better and less corrosive ways to deal with the simple issue. They spent that time replacing corroded crap mounts and the wings the mounts ruined.

Our low profile STA mounts the tank exactly .090" higher than the STA-less baloney, and is 100% more stable, easier to change bottles on to boot. Ever tried one? Then once again, you don’t know what you are bashing or why.

You might not like diving without the STA. I do. As do others. He's limiting his market.

He is limiting nothing. If anyone has limited their market it is Halcyon. You talk **** about Patrick dissing Halcyon gear at the show, and I am calling you full of ****. Patrick explained the differences between his wing and the Pioneer, nothing more or less. People like you take anything that isn’t complimentary or kissing Halcyon ass as some kind of dirt, when the biggest ****-slinger in the SCUBA world is Halcyon!

For Duals I use a OMS. That never had bunjees and never will. That's how it came. It was a good price. But I don't like the corrogated hose in the side. Rather have it in the dead center of the horseshoe like Oxycheq and Halcyon. Other then that. I'd have no problem with it.

Dive an OxyCheq wing and you'll understand why people are excited about it. Until then, do us all a favor and stow your

And yes. At the show all he could talk about was how he only carried the BEST gear. Because he wasn't set up to be able financially to handle returns.

Pure

So if it had problems he wouldn't carry it. All the while I'm remembering," this is the guy who hit me up for another $18 for a part he sent me that was bad to start with".

Yea, I'll buy a $1400 computer from you. You just told me you weren't financially able to handle returns...

And I don't want Molded high dollar spools. That's stupid. If they are molded they shouldn't be any more then $5. And thats high.

Ever buy a mold? Ever design a mold? Ever talk to an engineer about building a mold? Ever dive one or compare it to a machined spool? Do you have the smallest clue as to what is involved in designing, building and paying for a mold?

Didnt think so. Which means you have less than no idea how much it costs to bring a molded part to market. You don’t like it, don’t buy one, but until you have a clue,.

Milled Delrin has alot more machine time in it. That's why they cost more. They are also tougher then Molded ABS.

Your assertion s based upon what?

Ever try and break either one?

Didnt think so.

Hey, you keep buying overpriced, inferior gear; leave the good stuff and the good people for those who warrant it.

Scott

Genesis once bubbled...
I like the STA on my single setup.

It provides me another ~3lbs of weight, which is good. It makes the tank and BP stable and solid - which is good. And the slight additional offset keeps me from banging my head on the regulator, which is also good.

I tried the Pioneer STA-less, and didn't like it. With bolts the tank flopped, as the bolts interfered with it sitting flush and stable. Without bolts the entire pack was shakey until cinched down, and a real PITA to put together. And the tank, while right up against my back, put the reg right where it would prang my head every time I looked up.

I've been diving my Pioneeer 27# STA-less, so I don't know the difference. I've never felt anything was shaky, but I do have a problem with hitting my head on the 1st stage, so I offset the bp on the tank about 10 degrees. I have a 30# oxycheq on order and I'm wondering if I'll be forced to use the STA with that wing. Given what you've said, it might not be so bad after all if I'm forced to use one. I'd love to solve the problem of hitting my head when I look up, even just a little.

scottk once bubbled...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mverick once bubbled...

That makes you one *alleged* person that I am aware of who is in any way unsatisfied with the service or parts received from OxyCheq. I been through them all, and Patrick stands out from the crowd as an honest man.

Why was the display bad? Did you bake it with a soldering iron?

Again, you are the only person I have ever heard from that had anything but good relations and vibes from Patrick.

Then don’t buy one; no one has a gun in your ear.

You want to get pissy over a miserable $15 display that you probably baked with a soldering iron; Patrick is probably better off not having you for a customer.

Which is why you are building one, right?

No they sure aren’t, but there are a good number of improvements that were made after not only selling and diving the others, but also having enough time in them to identify the shortcomings.

How much time have you got in the gear you are attacking?

ZERO.

Hyperbole. No one is making anything to stop .50 BMG rounds; we are just making a product that is more reliable, and better thought out.

Opinion, and you have no experience with OxyCheq to back your assertions. Have you dove an OxyCheq wing?
No, you haven’t, so what do you have to say about anything?

And the OxyCheq wing is a better mousetrap. If you had actually dove one, you would know; but since you haven’t, you don’t. You have an agenda and you are using it as a podium to slam something you know nothing about, which reflects on you, not Patrick or OxyCheq.

This is such old, tired bull**** that it isn’t even funny. The Halcyon wing with the rods (I did the Patent drawings for that system) is nothing more or less than a way to reduce costs and increase profits. PERIOD. They spent the first years hanging a bull**** anodized aluminum channel iron, herky chunk of **** on everyone, that several people, including myself, made better and less corrosive ways to deal with the simple issue. They spent that time replacing corroded crap mounts and the wings the mounts ruined.

Our low profile STA mounts the tank exactly .090" higher than the STA-less baloney, and is 100% more stable, easier to change bottles on to boot. Ever tried one? Then once again, you don’t know what you are bashing or why.

He is limiting nothing. If anyone has limited their market it is Halcyon. You talk **** about Patrick dissing Halcyon gear at the show, and I am calling you full of ****. Patrick explained the differences between his wing and the Pioneer, nothing more or less. People like you take anything that isn’t complimentary or kissing Halcyon ass as some kind of dirt, when the biggest ****-slinger in the SCUBA world is Halcyon!

Dive an OxyCheq wing and you'll understand why people are excited about it. Until then, do us all a favor and stow your bull****.

And yes. At the show all he could talk about was how he only carried the BEST gear. Because he wasn't set up to be able financially to handle returns.

Pure BULL****.

So if it had problems he wouldn't carry it. All the while I'm remembering," this is the guy who hit me up for another $18 for a part he sent me that was bad to start with".

BULL****.

Ever buy a mold? Ever design a mold? Ever talk to an engineer about building a mold? Ever dive one or compare it to a machined spool? Do you have the smallest clue as to what is involved in designing, building and paying for a mold?

Didnt think so. Which means you have less than no idea how much it costs to bring a molded part to market. You don’t like it, don’t buy one, but until you have a clue, STFU.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your assertion s based upon what?

Ever try and break either one?

Didnt think so.

Hey, you keep buying overpriced, inferior gear; leave the good stuff and the good people for those who warrant it.

Scott

Are you in charge of Customer Relations for Oxycheq?

Back
Top Bottom