Finally dove my Oxycheq setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The seams are also double-stitched, .vs. single on the Halcyon.

In general the construction seems MUCH heavier, and the expanding portion is protected by the tank (rather than being a point that will "catch" things, which may be how Halcyon Pioneer wings get holed all the time...

Did you guys use an STA with the single's wing?

Somehow I doubt if Halcyon's days are numbered just yet.

I'd like to see the 30 myself.

For a single in a wet suit with a 3mm and a HP100 faber. I don't need any weight. I use a Halcyon 27. Trimmed out great and doesn't push me forward at all in the water...

I also use the 27 with my drysuit....

I'd hate to have a 45 for my drysuit... To much lift. I could see a 36 if you're not comfortable with the 27. But for me I have no need for a 45 with a single... That's duals territory... At least dual AL80's...

And I hope you don't have to use a STA with the OxyCheq wings. I love not having to use one with my Halcyon... That would be a Major strike against the Oxycheq wing...

I use an OMS 55 and 65 for my duals. Got them cheap or they'd be halcyon too... I might get a Oxy 55 if they have one. For duals...

Personally, if the wing works I'm happy. I really don't care who makes it... On my OMS I only wish the inflators corrogated hose was in the center of the wing. Then I wouldn't want another wing. It's fine otherwise. Mine don't have bunjees either...

I have to long of a hose on my inflator too. I just run it through my d ring before I hook it to the inflator. Keeps it close to the middle of my chest. Real easy to find... And it's also where my drysuit inflator is. So both inflators in the same area makes sense to me..... Having a shorter one would be nice. But it's not a make or break deal.

Now if I didn't run it through the d ring it would be a pain. It floats up to far and can be a pain to find....

My guess is that Halcyon (aka GUE) will have to find SOME reason on why the new Oxy Cheq wing ISN'T DIR-approved to protect thier own 'DIR approved' wing! A book revamp, perhaps?

I notice in the DIR:F book GUE mentions bungeed wings (OMS shown specifically) as being non-DIR approved wing. However, I only see the brand name Halcyon as a DIR approved wing and not other brands such as Dive Rite or Abymal who also make non-bungeed wings. Slanted or what?

What's more perfect that designing a diving system with your OWN brand of gear 'spected in?'

I think Oxy Cheq just tossed a monkey wrench in the entire scheme of things for GUE/Halcyon...

Its been fun watching members poke fun at OMS for over 2 yrs - but its even more fun now watching the 'tide' turn for Halcyon to Oxy Cheq.

Halcyon is toast! Long live Oxy Cheq!

;-)

Im trying to be impartial about Halcyon, but it strange how one minute people were denying that the pioneer wings get leaks and now it s major thread.

Certian posters, before the release of the oxy cheq wings, going around saying serious DIR guys wont use them, i mean eliteist or what.

The pioneer wing is nice but it now has realistic competition, will be interesting to see how the prices go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom