Finally buying my own gear. Is my selection ok?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have nearly the same backplate and wing setup. I love mine, but I have the SS plate. This way I don't have to have any weight. I would stick with the hog harness and the 2 in. crotchstrap.
As far as regs. I have the Aeris the higher end regs. with the dry valve tech. and on the second stage you adjust your airflow. I think the first stage is called DVT 400. Not for shore. I got all this gear from ScubaToys. My regs were used ($179.00 free shipping) from them cheaper than the regs. you are looking at with lifetime parts. Send Joe a email and maybe he can find something for you like he did me.

Update: Give Jim Lapenta a chance above. I hear good things about him and the HOG regs are also good. I have seen people with them and they are a lot cheaper in price and built really good.

For regulator my advice is go with one of the high end ones, unless you're really short of money. It lasts for easily over 10 years so the extra cost per year is not much and upgrading is expensive.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom