Fin recommendations for drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mgungen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I am practicing drysuit diving. I have a DUI drysuit and DUI Rock boots. I was surprised to find out that none of the fins i use while diving with wetsuits fit to DUI Rock boots. (DUI | Drysuits & Diving Equipment from Diving Unlimited International The ones on the top of the age in the link provided. )

I understand that i need to buy one of the heavy rubber fin models. Such fins are manufactured by different brands and are available for different price levels.

I would appreciate to hear any recommendations from the ones who are diving with similar configuration.

I'm not diving in drysuit, but if you want heavy rubber fin recommendation, I suggest look up on Tecline PowerJet, cheap, robust, and great propulsion. It has various choice from soft to hard, I use medium and it's wonderful, slightly heavier than SP Jetfins, and 1/4 it's price, I bought it from a Polish website and it cost around 60 EUR.

If you need a heavy fin, go with OMS, ScubaPro Jet fins, or Hollis F1s. Those are the ones I see the most in the Puget Sound. I have two of those.

Hollis F1 are my favourite. They have bigger pocket and are a very good stiffness.

My drysuit has attached boots and is a little big. My OMS Slipstreams were not heavy enough, but may work for you since you are using rock boots.

I picked up a set of Torpedo fins from Randy at Piranha. They have been working well, and don't cost a small fortune.

DW

Like you I needed new fins when I went with rock boots: I love the Mares Power Plana as they are moderately negative and are great for frog kicking.

Do a search here for various reviews/comments about them.

I've used both Mares and Hollis F2s with my drysuit without any issues.

Like you I needed new fins when I went with rock boots: I love the Mares Power Plana as they are moderately negative and are great for frog kicking.

Do a search here for various reviews/comments about them.
Are they wide enough for DUI Rock Boots?

I've used both Mares and Hollis F2s with my drysuit without any issues.
Hollis F2 sounds like a good choice. I read that Hollies fins have the widest foot pockets where as F2 are slightly lighter than F1 which may be important issue while travelling

where as F2 are slightly lighter than F1 which may be important issue while travelling
The main reason I bought them

Back
Top Bottom