Fin recommendations for drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've used both Mares and Hollis F2s with my drysuit without any issues.
F2’s? I abandoned them for warm water diving because although they have great maneuverability, I couldn’t generate any power. With all of the bulk of a drysuit, they would not be my choice

F2’s? I abandoned them for warm water diving because although they have great maneuverability, I couldn’t generate any power. With all of the bulk of a drysuit, they would not be my choice
Mine is called F1 Lt(light). Looks like F1. f2 are totally different

They are quite similar to F1, a bit shorter and sensibly lighter.
Having no chance to try them, I cannot say if they have the same stiffness than the F1, I think this is the characteristic more accountable for thrust.
Enjoy your new fin!

I had the same issue when I went to rockboots. I got a pair of scuba pro jet fins one size larger. Apollo spilt fins worked well as did the Mares Avanti Quattro open heel fin.

I was using xDeep EX1 mediums but the rock boots were a little large. Mares PowerPlana were wayyy too foot heavy with spring straps. The Hollis F1s were foot heavy even thought they had the most power. Then I went to RK3HD which I found were not quite heavy enough. Also after using a few fins on the same day, realized how excellent they were for precision but really lacked power. Then I went to SP Jet fins which I really like. I was thinking of trying the Fourth element tech version, but would prefer to try before I buy but I know how difficult that is to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom