Fin recommendations for drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hollis F2 "slightly" lighter than F1? I'd say significantly lighter--and a lot lighter than Jetfins. And the blade is small compared with the F1 and Jetfins. In the linked-to page Hollis touts the "power to weight ratio." While that might be so, I found the power to be insufficient to propel myself with heavy tanks. It is a fun fin for travel to warm-water locations where there is little current to fight.

If you're able to trim out in the drysuit without a heavy fin, and are amenable to something lighter, consider the Deep6 Eddy fin. I love them for wetsuit diving, but I use the heavy Jetfins for drysuit and double tanks.

You may get a better idea if you list your shoe size and what size fins you use now.

Zeagle Recon is my current favorite, unless you wear size 15 I can’t offer much exception fin style.

The SP JetFin seems to be the default drysuit fin around here, and I like them a lot.

You may get a better idea if you list your shoe size and what size fins you use now.

Zeagle Recon is my current favorite, unless you wear size 15 I can’t offer much exception fin style.
My foot size is 45-46 which is US size 12.

My wetsuit fins are open heel 45-48 and closed heel 46-47. (Both Mares Volo Race)

The SP JetFin seems to be the default drysuit fin around here, and I like them a lot.
I was told that their foot pocket is smaller than Hollis F1. With my DUI Rock boots the foot pocket size is the main issue probably. Of course it is worthwhile to try with the boots

My foot size is 45-46 which is US size 12.

My wetsuit fins are open heel 45-48 and closed heel 46-47. (Both Mares Volo Race)
XXL jets should be fine, the foot pocket is different than most others, shorter, the trick is to get the right spring length or replace with bungee. Zeagle large recon will also probably fit, once again the spring straps really matter but you have pretty standard feet.

I use Deep6 Eddy fins with my dry suit, they're pretty light but I don't really need the extra weight. An XL should fit with rock boots

XXL jets should be fine, the foot pocket is different than most others, shorter, the trick is to get the right spring length or replace with bungee. Zeagle large recon will also probably fit, once again the spring straps really matter but you have pretty standard feet.
DUI Rock Boots are ridiculuosly large. (which may be something good in dry suit)

For drysuit+backmount, I am very happy with XL F1s with their -0.7 kg buoyancy. I am normally a size Eur 44-45, but wear a US 10 (Eur 43) DUI rockboot. The fins are tight on me, so I would recommend an XXL pair for you.

Thanks for all valuable info. I bought Hollis F1 Lt in XXL size. Most probably largest foot pocket among all fins in the market. Lighter than original F1 which is preferable for travel. Also sizewise a bit smaller than original F1. I hope i ll like them when i ll have chance to try in water

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom