Fin keepers to attach to BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use something similar for shore dives with long entries. It keeps your fins close to the BC and so far I have not any problems with the strap catching on anything underwater. I would not wear it for a wreck penetration dive but for shore dives with limited opportunity for entanglements it is a nice to have accessory.

I just use an old oval climbing carabiner; does the same thing.

Thanks! I think I'll try that first. I must have about a dozen "novelty" carabiners of various sizes knocking about; they were insanely popular tradeshow giveaways a few years ago.

Thanks! I think I'll try that first. I must have about a dozen "novelty" carabiners of various sizes knocking about; they were insanely popular tradeshow giveaways a few years ago.

put it in a pocket, not letting it clipped off to your rig when you un-clip your fins. It's bad practice to have one of those things dangling, waiting to catch line or netting or who knows what else that could be caught in it.

I would also recommend the stainless steel split rings and a double ender bolt snap. The split rings can be installed when installing spring straps, they are small and don't get tangled in anything, and it is really easy to snap them onto a double ender that you have free.

INS0028-2T.jpg

I use spring straps that have the rubber backing. On them they have a loop hole to put your finger in to help put on. I hook a carbiner thru the loops and hook it to a D ring on my BC.

I have Force Fin SD-1 Military fins and at the end of them are two loops of 550 lb test Parachute cord. I have a Snaplink that fits on my Backplate's harness and it is so much better to have two free hands.

Could you just run your chest strap through your fin straps for the walk to the water? That's what I do when I have to carry a couple scooters and it works fine. I hook my mask in there too. Saves you $9.98 if you can do it this way!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom